Options

Anyone tried Linkedin Premium for mentorship?

KapitalKapital Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I noticed linkedin is now offering to connect to other professionals for mentorship. I guess it requires subscription to premium.
I am sure I can use some help to augment my skills and job readiness by talking to someone well versed in Information Security.
Has anyone tried this feature? Heard anything good bad or ugly about it?

Comments

• Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I didn't even know they had a mentorship feature. I do have LI premium and will be sure to check it out later after work to see if its something worth doing/taking.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I could be persuaded pay $30 a year for linkedin, but $29.99 to $47.99 per month is just insane.

If they really wanted to grow there base of paid subscribers, what they need to do is offer there services for a much lower price and once people see it's a service they can't live without, raise prices gradually. It might cost they more in the short run, but if they build a loyal follower base, it will pay off in the long run.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TechGromit wrote: »
    I could be persuaded pay $30 a year for linkedin, but $29.99 to $47.99 per month is just insane.

If they really wanted to grow there base of paid subscribers, what they need to do is offer there services for a much lower price and once people see it's a service they can't live without, raise prices gradually. It might cost they more in the short run, but if they build a loyal follower base, it will pay off in the long run.

Agreed. Not subscribed to the service, but was wondering who those mentors might be?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Agreed. Not subscribed to the service, but was wondering who those mentors might be?
    As I recall - They are other LinkedIn members that are interested in mentoring people. LinkedIn is basically facilitating a volunteer program. A list of their other programs are here - https://linkedinforgood.linkedin.com/programs/linkedin-members