What types of Intune questions can I expect on the 70-697 exam?

DZMSDZMS Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

On the current 70-697 exam objectives there are a few objectives which are related to the old, now pretty much discontinued Intune Classic portal. How quick are Microsoft to change the actual test questions? Should I now only expect to see Intune questions relating to the Intune portal in Azure, considering that the old classic standalone Intune portal is pretty much dead now?

If anyone has taken the 697 exam in the last few months, did you get a mix of questions relating to both Intune classic and Intune in Azure or were they all for Intune in Azure?

Thanks.

Comments

• JamesBarkerJamesBarker Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking my exam for this tomorrow I will let you know.
    Phresh out of the exam with a failed score of 575 icon_sad.gif
    It's an exam not to take lightly
    So I had around 5 questions relating to Azure, I'd read the new 697 second edition book rather than the first edition.
    The press book will touch base, was using CBT Nuggets videos + 1st edition book + Transender exams, I found that Transender exam's although are good are outdated.

I'm going to find another source for practice exams and fully read the second press book.

Can anyone recommend who has passed recently how to tackle this exam when a lot of resources are out of date for it.
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I really hated this exam because Azure is always changing so it's hard to keep upto date on the interface. When I did mine I found the Sybex 697 book to be better than the MS press book.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• DZMSDZMS Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. Sorry to hear you didn't pass James. I've heard many say this particular exam is very tricky. I'm not looking forward to it at all! If you got a score of 575 after reading and watching the materials you mentioned, then you know it's a difficult exam.

James, when you said you had around 5 questions relating to Azure, what parts of Azure were they on? Azure AD, Intune etc.? Did you end up getting any questions about the old classic Intune software?

Malachi - Yep, I've decided to get a trial of EMS so I've been playing around in Azure. That's the thing with cloud technologies, they're changing all the time, but the exam material and the exam itself can't quite keep up it seems.
  • Eck49Eck49 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is a tough exam. I also failed it today with 675, annoying to be so close. Got some questions on deployment through Intune but it's a mixed bag of what you might get. I was a bit shocked when I seen 67 questions come up for mine though.
    Hi DZMS,

Azure AD was mentioned also depoyment through Intune like Eck49 has mentioned

For me the first 10 questions where hard, the middle section (Up to 40) was easy & the end section was very hard, I'm tempted to do the first 10 questions, spend a bit of time on them and then go to the end questions and do the exam back to front, that way I can focus my time to harder questions.

Remoteapp was mentioned
    Branch Cache was mentioned - this was towards the end, this historically has come up in the exam before from what others tell me - so will be good to scrub up on that.
    Powershell DISM/ adding app packages via Powershell was mentioned a couple of times in the exam.
    I had a question about the corresponding IP's of machines in network using different utills, FTP, HTTP etc... you basically had to match up the port number and protocol this used, my CompTIA A+ day's helped me with that one.
    2 - 3 questions about compliance can't remember them exactly.
    A Power settings question came up in the exam - easy mark

67 questions just like Eck49 mentioned made me squirm, I've been used to around 52 questions.

Do you guys fancy making a study group for this via Skype or Discord or something?
    May be good to help each other to cover this.

I could also really do with a PDF of the 70-697 Second Edition press book, I think I'm going to give the Sybex book a go also as mentioned by malachi1612
  • mikewhit5mikewhit5 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is a tough exam as azure & Intune are always changing harder then 70-698 IMO, I took the test 70-697 end of July and failed with 650, got it re-booked for 2 weeks time - I found the test difficult from the word go wouldn't say any of it was easy, I also had 67 questions and didn't get time to check my answers. I used CBT Nuggets & ms press book and looked up things on technet, cbtnuggets is good but doesn't go in another depth I think for the exam.
    Hi DZMS,

Azure AD was mentioned also depoyment through Intune like Eck49 has mentioned

For me the first 10 questions where hard, the middle section (Up to 40) was easy & the end section was very hard, I'm tempted to do the first 10 questions, spend a bit of time on them and then go to the end questions and do the exam back to front, that way I can focus my time to harder questions.

Remoteapp was mentioned
    Branch Cache was mentioned - this was towards the end, this historically has come up in the exam before from what others tell me - so will be good to scrub up on that.
    Powershell DISM/ adding app packages via Powershell was mentioned a couple of times in the exam.
    I had a question about the corresponding IP's of machines in network using different utills, FTP, HTTP etc... you basically had to match up the port number and protocol this used, my CompTIA A+ day's helped me with that one.
    2 - 3 questions about compliance can't remember them exactly.
    A Power settings question came up in the exam - easy mark

67 questions just like Eck49 mentioned made me squirm, I've been used to around 52 questions.

Do you guys fancy making a study group for this via Skype or Discord or something?
    May be good to help each other to cover this.

I could also really do with a PDF of the 70-697 Second Edition press book, I think I'm going to give the Sybex book a go also as mentioned by malachi1612
    Thanks again for the heads up James, very helpful :) BranchCache, I need to gen up on that then, thanks. The trouble is with this exam, is there are a few server/cloud products that I have not used extensively, like DAC, SCCM (although there should be little of this on the exam), Azure Information Protection, Branch Cache etc. Even RemoteApp can be a little confusing to me at times, I find myself keep needing to go back to that.

Ugh, this is going to be tough. I passed the 70-698 quite comfortably, although I didn't think it was easy. I've now been revising for nearly 4 months for this one though (although I work in the week), so I think I want to take it within a month from now. If I fail, I'll just have to try and keep my chin up and go for it again, like many have done to success on here. My wallet won't like me keep taking it time and again though ;)
    mikewhit5 wrote: »
    This is a tough exam as azure & Intune are always changing harder then 70-698 IMO, I took the test 70-697 end of July and failed with 650, got it re-booked for 2 weeks time - I found the test difficult from the word go wouldn't say any of it was easy, I also had 67 questions and didn't get time to check my answers. I used CBT Nuggets & ms press book and looked up things on technet, cbtnuggets is good but doesn't go in another depth I think for the exam.
    Good luck mikewhit5, hope you pass it this time around. I have also found that whilst the CBT Nuggs vids are good, they just lack that in-depth level that you need to actually pass the test. Yet technet/MS Docs are great resources, but sometimes you can get lost in the links on that site and the level of depth that they can sometimes go into! It's hard to get the balance right I've found.
  • Eck49Eck49 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DZMS wrote: »
    Thanks again for the heads up James, very helpful :) BranchCache, I need to gen up on that then, thanks. The trouble is with this exam, is there are a few server/cloud products that I have not used extensively, like DAC, SCCM (although there should be little of this on the exam), Azure Information Protection, Branch Cache etc. Even RemoteApp can be a little confusing to me at times, I find myself keep needing to go back to that.

Ugh, this is going to be tough. I passed the 70-698 quite comfortably, although I didn't think it was easy. I've now been revising for nearly 4 months for this one though (although I work in the week), so I think I want to take it within a month from now. If I fail, I'll just have to try and keep my chin up and go for it again, like many have done to success on here. My wallet won't like me keep taking it time and again though ;)

Good luck. I was the same, I had been studying for about 4 months, some more weeks than others.
    All you can do is keep trying but I'm sure you'll pass it first time and won't have to worry about a resit.
    I'm booking my resit for end of September so I can hopefully move on and complete the MCSA for the end of the year.
    Eck49 wrote: »
    Good luck. I was the same, I had been studying for about 4 months, some more weeks than others.
    All you can do is keep trying but I'm sure you'll pass it first time and won't have to worry about a resit.
    I'm booking my resit for end of September so I can hopefully move on and complete the MCSA for the end of the year.

Thanks :) I hope your resit goes to plan, let us know how you get on. The 70-698 is known to be the easier out of the two, so hopefully you'll get that in a shorter time it's taken for this one.
  • ckirkckirk Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the 70-698 a month ago and passed using CBT Nugget/Kaplan(comes with)/various Quizlets out there
    I have been so busy at work I only studied CBT nugget videos like half of them for 70-697 and took 30% of the Kaplan quizes and no further studying for a month and got a 612. I have been working with windows mainly the OS for about 10 years. Apps and mobile solutions I have not really used outside of onedrive. Well I think I will cram for 2 weeks and retake. Good luck! icon_thumright.gif

Here is some of what I can remember:

How to deploy or run apps on various OS that are xp, vista, win7, win8, or 10 on different platforms like table or virtual machine or RDS hosted apps. You can tell the Apps section killed me.
    Some network printer sharing questions.(what tabs to select to share a printer out to certain users)
    how to migrate network printer queus to another computer(did not know this was a thing)
    Network firewall questions. (look at diagram: is public set to allow etc)
    If users need access to files from one drive on or off corporate network how can we implement this.
    Security questions about bitlocker to go or how to move EAP profile cert to new computer to unlock.
    You connect out through your network and login to website, in order to get the least amount of user prompts put in order what kind of certification is on user and the website (I would just have to study differences in personal cert/trusted root cert/ etc
    you want to create a disk that will be portable and if 1 disk dies you will be able to recover...you are given 4 usb external hard drives how to set this up and what type of disk parity or striped.
    USMT questions
    some ntfs fat32 question how to convert fat32 to ntfs
    1 powershell question (even though I thought it was going to be ridden with PS question it wasn't) given a drop down selection which is nice.
    Select from picture what GPO will connect clients to wsus server and install updates.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you guys not remember signing an NDA before sitting this exam? Wtf
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE