Options

1 month in my new job and hating it.

2»

Comments

• Options
    rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GeeLo wrote: »
    Hey Hi :) Question to rj1790 , when you got this job that you are working at now, did you get the job though a staffing company / job recruiter? Just wondering..

"To me"... it sounds like they may have had more than "one" job opening, and put someone else in that "tech support" call position and then rolled you into that sales support position because they also needed it to be filled... I'm not saying that is right.. just saying. I would started flipping out resumes again.
    Hey! I applied through Indeed. The job listing seems to have expired since I cannot find it.
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    Do you want to be in Sales?
    Definitely, Not. I hate sales.
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    rj1790 wrote: »

definitely, not. I hate sales.

run!!!!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey! I applied through Indeed. The job listing seems to have expired since I cannot find it.

Or it was taken down since it was filled, well, by you.
  • Options
    Update: 3 months in the job and still not really working on anything technical. Started applying for jobs weeks back and landed a couple of interviews and now have accepted a new position as a Network technician. Tomorrow will be my last day here. Thanks all for the suggestions.
  • Options
    mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm curious -- when you gave notice, did they ask why? What did you tell them?
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the new job. I'm sure you're feeling much relief knowing that you'll be doing something more fulfilling.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats..What did the other job say when you put in your notice?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    DeezyFFDeezyFF Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't rush it, one job I had took over a month to give me an admin account. Turned out to be one of my favorite jobs and I learned a lot there.
    WGU BS-IT Security: Complete
    ​:cheers:
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for the reply guys!

I have been answering alot of sales calls and they have been training me on sales which I do not like. I am starting to feel like this is just a call center role. The only positives is that, I can study and, I got a higher pay grade. I will continue applying for jobs to see if I can get another bite. Hopefully, it will get better

Inbound or Outbound Sales? Do you get commission?
  • Options
    draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This sounds like bait and switch to me. Look for another job right now! One month isn't going to matter but it will matter if you waste another 3 months in a SALES position. icon_silent.gificon_silent.gificon_silent.gif

You don't want a three month gap wasting your time with that, unless you want to be in sales that is....
  • Options
    TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Update: 3 months in the job and still not really working on anything technical. Started applying for jobs weeks back and landed a couple of interviews and now have accepted a new position as a Network technician. Tomorrow will be my last day here. Thanks all for the suggestions.

Did you leave your current job off of your resume? If so did they ask about the 3 month gap?
  • Options
    mgeoffriau wrote: »
    I'm curious -- when you gave notice, did they ask why? What did you tell them?
    Congrats..What did the other job say when you put in your notice?
    I told them the truth about not getting enough relevant work exposure. They took it pretty good and understood. No harm, no foul.
    Inbound or Outbound Sales? Do you get commission?
    Outbound calls, and no commission.
    Did you leave your current job off of your resume? If so did they ask about the 3 month gap?
    I left them on my resume. I did not want to hide anything. I just told the truth about the whole situation. You don't want to have to explain date discrepancies when they do a background check.
    draught wrote: »
    This sounds like bait and switch to me. Look for another job right now! One month isn't going to matter but it will matter if you waste another 3 months in a SALES position. icon_silent.gificon_silent.gificon_silent.gif

You don't want a three month gap wasting your time with that, unless you want to be in sales that is....
    My last day is today. Starting a new job Monday. Thanks
  • Options
    eillinois31eillinois31 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    volfkhat wrote: »
    It's funny; that was all i needed to see.
    I was surprised at everyone's advice to "stick it out".

Dude, these people LIED to you.
    GTFO outta there.
    Period.

If it's only been 4 weeks... Leave the job off your resume.

In fact, you might even let your resume reflect you are still at your old job (January 2017 - Present)

Just say'in...

I 1000% agree with this!