Options

Got Fired?

2»

Comments

• Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A PIP with unattainable goals is a hint to start applying for jobs NOW. Take a job, any job, so you don't have to explain that you're been fired.
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Tekn0logy wrote: »
    I would hope that the guy was fired and able to collect benefits. That would really be terrible to be fired and not collect benefits and have to explain to potential employers. At least some shops that shall remain nameless just use the boilerplate that your position has been made obsolete. ncool.gif

I am not sure what the amount is but based on what I heard from my old colleague that he approximated that its about 4 months worth of salary for the guy's severance pay. He already gamed the system by taking that stress leave; he could have double dipped potentially but that is totally based off an assumption. The funny thing was that during his stress leave he had one of this personal google accounts linked on the shared networking laptop that we used for wireless site surveying. One day the networking team was able to see all his recent adult searches in the google history, management got a chuckle out of that one. It's a running joke at the office now.

@EANx - Most definitely, you don't want to have a gap on your resume!
  • Options
    Tekn0logyTekn0logy Member Posts: 113 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DZA_ wrote: »
    One day the networking team was able to see all his recent adult searches in the google history, management got a chuckle out of that one.

Well, I guess he's lucky to have gotten any severance...