Passed cism exam today

ger_safger_saf Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I just got back from the testing center and provisionally passed the CISM exam. Of course, I have to wait the "official results within 10 business days". Cleared the exam in 3 hours.

To be honest, the exam is not easy even after doing Q&A DB more than 2 times. more important is to understand the concept and prioritize business rather than security.

After 3 months of preparation, I want to take a break for 2 weeks and start CISA.

Cheers.

Comments

• kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Prepare your application right now so that you can submit it right after you receive your official pass notification.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ger_saf wrote: »
    To be honest, the exam is not easy even after doing Q&A DB more than 2 times. more important is to understand the concept and prioritize business rather than security.

Congratulations on passing!

The Q&A database is not going to be word for word with what is on the exam. It is useful in the sense that it trains you to "drink the kool-aid". You would think security is the #1 priority, but it is more inline with supporting the business and the "bottom line $$" with this exam.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job! icon_thumright.gif

Found it difficult also when I took mine last year..
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Oddly I got the provisional pass today as well. Am I the only person who wouldn't get the question database? LOL. Rough test. My application is filled out... Waiting to get the official approval so I can send it in.

Sorry for the hijacking... Just wanted to me to! Lol.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the exam! I also passed the CISM exam recently and did not get the online database as well. I bought the book instead so that I can sell it later to recover the cost. LOL!

Anyone else wants to hijack this thread? :)

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out if I have enough work experience to apply for the certification. If not, I'll have to look for a new job that includes domains 3 & 4 job functions.
    AnthonX
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    anthonx wrote: »
    Congratulations on passing the exam! I also passed the CISM exam recently and did not get the online database as well. I bought the book instead so that I can sell it later to recover the cost. LOL!

Anyone else wants to hijack this thread? :)

Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out if I have enough work experience to apply for the certification. If not, I'll have to look for a new job that includes domains 3 & 4 job functions.

Congratulations! And good luck on the job hunt!
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Shilpa_MShilpa_M Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

i know this is a stretch, but is it possible to share access for the online database.

failed the august exam and my company pays only for the ebook and paper questions.

i understand with the online db it gives a more realistic experience of the exam.

Thankyou
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    So why not pay for it out of pocket? Why would you not want to invest in yourself?
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Shilpa_M wrote: »
    ... my company pays only for the ebook and paper questions...

By "paper questions", are you by any chance referring to the Q&A DB in hardcopy? If so, IMHO it wouldn't be that much different from the online one. At the end of the day, it will boil down to how much you understood and appreciated the concepts.

P.S. I used the hardcopy Q&A DB as well for my preparation.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Shilpa_M wrote: »
    Congratulations!

i know this is a stretch, but is it possible to share access for the online database.

failed the august exam and my company pays only for the ebook and paper questions.

i understand with the online db it gives a more realistic experience of the exam.

Thankyou

I understand your situation. It's expensive, especially if you are going to pay for it yourself. Also, if you are earning other than USD.

I don't think anyone can just share their online access, especially if it is attached to your ISACA account. Your best bet is to get a used book. Good luck!
    AnthonX
  • debattsdebatts Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello ger_saf, I am also studying for the CISM. other than using the Q&A DB what else did you use in order to help you pass the exam?
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You should get the CISM Review manual to go with the QA&E db.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!