Options

Am I ready?

iankfiankf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I booked my exam for the 25th this month and I feel pretty good that I will pass,

I got my resources which are;

MS self paced training kit 291
learnkey
ucertify

What do you guys think is that enough resources? I have been studying a couple months.

Comments

• Options
    K_amisiK_amisi Inactive Imported Users Posts: 131
    only you know whether you are ready for the exam or not, if you are passing the readiness review suite comfortably then i would say you are good to go.

otherwise i would suggest that you take some time and play with your W2K3 box. Having the actual hands-on makes a world of difference.

Good luck.
    It is essential that justice be done, and it is equally vital that justice not be confused with revenge, for the two are wholly different."
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    It seems like forever ago that I wrote this exam...

You will want to go through the major topics and do the hands on set up of things for the sims...

DHCP
    DNS
    SUS (??)

Just play around and look at what options you have. This way, when you see the requirements on the exam you will know right where to go.

Everyone says the exam is difficult. I found it quite straight forward. (I guess I got a lucky draw on questions)
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    So I got my test this saturday but I wish it was today I've run out of subjects to cover i've re-read my DNS and DHCP topics from learnkey and MS self paced book and Ucertify but now its coming close to the test I dont know what to do. Any advice anything to re-read or other sources to read. I know all about Ip addressing and how to calculate the hosts and networks. I know about all the DNS server types and when to use them. DHCP concepts. what else should I do!?!?
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    iankf wrote:
    So I got my test this saturday but I wish it was today I've run out of subjects to cover i've re-read my DNS and DHCP topics from learnkey and MS self paced book and Ucertify but now its coming close to the test I dont know what to do. Any advice anything to re-read or other sources to read. I know all about Ip addressing and how to calculate the hosts and networks. I know about all the DNS server types and when to use them. DHCP concepts. what else should I do!?!?

I had a lot of questions dealing with RRAS and Network Security. Make sure you just double check your understanding on those topics as well. What usually happens is, you forget about one thing to touch up on and then ... wham, you get about 10 questions on that topic during the exam.

Best of luck on your exam :D
  • Options
    OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Only you know when you're ready. icon_cool.gif
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
  • Options
    frankj1247frankj1247 Member Posts: 111
    When you actually have a dream about DNS and RRAS in your sleep, then you're ready!!!

Seriously though, I took 3 1/2 months of non-continuous study to pass the 70-291. I waited until I was scoring 90-100 in my practice exams because initially I took the test with less than month of studying and failed miserably.

Everybody is different though.
  • Options
    SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    I found once I had the subjects clear in my mind, the best preparation is to configure and use DNS, DHCP and RRAS on a W2003 box. All the reading in the world is no help if you are unsure on the real thing. It certainly makes the sims easier.

Good Luck
    P.S I aggree with "Trailerisf" I found this exam straight forward, 70-293 gave me more trouble.
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    I tried ucertify for 290 and found the questions really easy. IMO Transcender or Measure Up are the best practice tests to take.
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    webleech wrote:
    I tried ucertify for 290 and found the questions really easy. IMO Transcender or Measure Up are the best practice tests to take.

If I don't do good on the exam ill get trancender and CBTnuggets :)
  • Options
    Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you confident with what you know and following advice from the above persons who have been there before, go 4 it.

If not, I'll wish you change the day of your exam.

I wish you all the best.
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.
  • Options
    I passed!! woooooooooooooooooooo. realy hard got 741 so happy
  • Options
    Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What a score!!! :D

Well done for conquering the "Beast" on your first try. icon_redface.gif

Bravooooo!!!!!!!!!

What next? icon_arrow.gif
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.
  • Options
    I dunno 299? I need MCSA status so I guess thats the way to go before MCSE
  • Options
    jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    good job
    get back to studying!!!