Options

Anyone sponsoring clearances?

SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
I held a clearance until earlier this year, and i'm thinking i'd maybe like to work in that area again. Of course it's easier to maintain one than get a new one but it is what it is. Anyone know any companies willing to sponsor? I feel like there are no positions in my field in the realm of companies looking to sponsor.
OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.

Comments

• Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Depending on when your background investigation was, and what type of clearance you had, it might not be the same hurdle as for someone who has never held a clearance. https://help.clearancejobs.com/security-clearance-qa/what-do-the-terms-active-current-and-expired-mean/
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    out in your area i know jacobs and gdit have a big presence, but i'm not sure if they'll sponsor from scratch.

by 'until earlier this year' do you mean you left a position earlier this year, or it's been a while and now it's expired or the 2 yrs of not using is up?

but i do know that vectrus (overseas/mideast) will sponsor you from scratch, and i know a company in san antonio that will hire and sponsor to TS/SCI as a cyber analyst.

22nd century technologies. they pay below market and have crappy benefits, but it's good experience and obviously the clearance.
  • Options
    SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks.

As far as clearance status, not sure. It was up for renewal when I left but I don't know if that was the 5 year timeframe, or the expanded 6 year timeframe.

I wonder, for vectrus, how long does it take from start to entry on duty?
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gotcha. yeah if you were up for renewal and left you're probably hosed.

reports vary, but vectrus brings folks on once their interim processes so sometimes a few weeks or 2 months and youre good.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just have someone with a JPAS access to check your status, like an FSO. Like mentioned before, Vectrus will sponsor for overseas roles. I've seen many staffing firms willing to sponsor too, Apex Systems for example.

Search for "obtain a clearance" in your area and see what comes up.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux