Reverse Engineering courses/certs

EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone know of some reverse engineering courses/certs? So far all I can find is GREM, eCRE (ARES), and CREA.

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The GREM can teach you tools and techniques, but to be good at reverse engineering it's something you have to do on a day to day bases.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    TechGromit wrote: »
    The GREM can teach you tools and techniques, but to be good at reverse engineering it's something you have to do on a day to day bases.

Just like everything else in IT!
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Almost any malware analysis course is going to include reversing, what's your goal with the topic?

The RE bootcamp from Infosec institute (leads to CREA) is extremely outdated but it covers a solid mix of the basics. You can also lookup the lena151 tutorials and tuts4you.com is a great resource as well. Pentester Academy has the SLAE series for assembly language and shellcoding, which covers some reversing of it, but the their SGDBE is specifically geared toward the GNU debugger, but of course covers reversing using it.

Another good resource are books. Practical Malware Analysis is a hands on, walk through approach, "Reversing, secrets of a reverse engineer", "Practical Reverse Engineering", and "The IDA Pro Book" are staples on most shelves.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    I know FireEye run Malware analysis classes both online and in person
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE