Citrx Exams - Citrix for a Lab

SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
Anybody taken the CCA or similar?

Know where i can get eval versions of Citrix apps to setup in a lab?
(getting lost on citrix site icon_mad.gif )
Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Looks like they only provide 'demos' on their site, and no evaluation download or CD. The following page does include a link to contact them for more information.

icon_arrow.gifwww.citrix.com/English/ps2/demo.asp
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try costumer service or a Citrix reseller.

You could also try signing up for an account at mycitrix.com. Not sure if you will be able to download a demo or not.

You can order the course material from a CALC and it should include demos of the software.

I'm sort of studying for the PS 4.0 exam now. I want to take it by the end of the summer.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    You can get time-limited versions from a Citrix reseller fairly easily, I just got MetaFrame 3.0 and PS 4.0 from the reseller for a project I was doing to certify a software product on it.

I just have to say, I am sooo glad this forum was created! I hope that more CCA's and CCEA's come forward.

I have seen more jobs open up and more big employers implementing Virtualization (as in VMWare, MS Virtual Server, Parallels, etc...) and terminal services (Citrix, MS Terminal Server), and I definitely expect it to continue as businesses continue to globalize the workforce and flatten out (read "The World Is Flat" if you need insight into what's happening).

If you are a network administrator, learn Citrix (which will also give you an understanding of MS Terminal Services)... learn a server VM product... and better yet get certified when you know these technologies, they will be important in the next 10 years of your career.

I hope to pursue a CCA once I get through all the MS stuff, but who knows, maybe I'll just work it in there somewhere.

Thanks Webmaster for adding a centralized place to find information on Citrix and their certifications.

Take Care,
    RCoop
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    rcoop wrote:
    I hope to pursue a CCA once I get through all the MS stuff, but who knows, maybe I'll just work it in there somewhere.

If you sneak it in, do it after you have covered the Windows server material.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240