Doing the Exam.

cyber_procyber_pro Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
Good afternoon everyone. I wanted to know if the Security+ exam was given to you online or you had to physically be there? If the exam is online which site did you use? How much did it cost?

Thank you.

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit A+, N+, GSEC, GCIH, GREM, Ontario, NY Member Posts: 1,990 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyber_pro wrote: »
    I wanted to know if the Security+ exam was given to you online or you had to physically be there.

A certification exam online, now that's a recipe for exam cheating. Maybe we can pitch a drive thru certification exam to Comptia, like McDonalds, Certifications exams from the comfortable of your own car.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • _netmon_netmon Level 99 Wizard Mod Posts: 878 Mod
    Unless you live somewhere really remote, I would personally suggest just going to the exam center. There are so many checks that need to be done if you're taking the exam from home. It's easier just spending a couple of hours out of the house.
    2020 goals: Server 2016 MCSA/MCSE (70-740, 70-741, 70-742, 70-744), Powershell training
    2021 goals: RHCSA/RHCE, AWS, Python training

Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to. - Richard Branson
  • JDMurrayJDMurray MSIT InfoSec, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, EnCE, C|EH, CySA+, PenTest+, CASP+, Security+ Surf City, USAAdmin Posts: 11,667 Admin
    TechGromit wrote: »
    A certification exam online, now that's a recipe for exam cheating. Maybe we can pitch a drive thru certification exam to Comptia, like McDonalds, Certifications exams from the comfortable of your own car.
    The CCSK is a very reputable Cloud cert that is both publicly online and open book. Maybe you should check out how they manage to not be a "drive thru."