Options

ISC2 Security Congress New Orleans

BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is anyone going to the ISC2 Security Congress in New Orleans next week? I've never been to one and it's a miracle that my boss has let my coworker and I go to this (or any one of them).

I was just curious as to the general dress code (business casual, jeans, shorts, tshirts, etc.) and if you have been before how did you like it? Is it worth the money?

I am looking at it as gaining knowledge from the courses I am trying to get in and the CPE's I can get for the year.

Thanks for any help.

Breadfan
Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

Comments

• Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Never been to ISC2, but I am from Louisiana. Know this: Even in October, New Orleans can be a sweaty, sticky experience. Or it could be cool. Also, you're smack dab in the middle of hurricane season. Make sure you go to Cafe Du Monde for coffee and beignets. It's especially great late at night.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Haven't attended. I'm sure it's indoors and air conditioned. I'd consider that you are ultimately representing your company and that the ISC2 is most often associated with the CISSP. With this in mind I'd go business casual at a minimum. I do see plenty of suit jackets and ties in past event Youtube videos though.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you both for the help. Business Casual it is. Hopefully, it wont be too stifling hot (although I am used to it here in SC, we get to wear shorts at work as long as no cheese are in town).

Also TedJames, your Avatar ROCKS....
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.