Options

Proxy and Non-Proxy Network Help

cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
My dad has a notebook computer that his company has supplied him with. At work they use a proxy server and at home we do not. Is there anyway I can setup Internet Explorer so that whenever he logs on at home it does not use a proxy server? He is not very computer savvy, so having him change the config every time seems unlikely. Right now I have him using Netscape to browse at home. That way I can setup Netscape to not use the proxy. I was hoping there might be a better way than doing this. I could also configure a proxy server to run on my network and change my subnet to match that of his work. Some advice would be nice.

Cheeblie

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just show him how to use the 'tools / internet options / connections" button with Internet Explorer. Nutscrape I leave to others ... lol.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    That really isn't an option though. Is there some way I can make a batch file that executes the changes?

Cheeblie
  • Options
    Why isn't it an option?
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    Because that's horribly inconvenient and annoying. I wouldn't want to switch it every time I come home. I know that there has to be a way to do it without switching it every time.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    Ok, so it is inconvenient - life is like that sometimes unfortunately.
    A question though .... how is your batch file going to differentiate between home and office?
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    I would have 2 separate icons on the desktop. One for home and one for office. He would just click the correct icon and it would turn off/on the proxy server automatically.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    You mean like having two different dial-up or network connections?
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    No, I mean like having a script that executes the change from proxy to non-proxy and vice versa.

Cheeblie