Options

Super Micro hack

dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
Haven't seen anyone post this: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies?srnd=premium

I know what a lot of sys admins will be doing for the next several months.
2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
"Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman

Comments

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Security folks, be aware that FireEye uses SuperMicro hardware under the hood in custom repackaged cases.
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I can't help but wonder if China has already moved on to another supplier that everyone will be dumping SuperMicro for.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    "Two of Elemental’s biggest early clients were the Mormon church, which used the technology to beam sermons to congregations around the world, and the adult film industry, which did not."

icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Very interesting article, thxs for posting!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    paul78 wrote: »
    "Two of Elemental’s biggest early clients were the Mormon church, which used the technology to beam sermons to congregations around the world, and the adult film industry, which did not."

icon_lol.gif

You and I sir, catch only the finer things in these articles LOL.
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The plot thickens: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/qv9npv/bloomberg-china-supermicro-apple-hack

Grab your popcorn, its gonna be a M. Night Shyamalan twist!