Options

Passing CEH with the help of teamviewer buddy and PASS GUARANTEE trainings

riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
Dear all;
I have received several emails from various institutions located in a specific country which claim the following:
* Attend our training classes worth 1200$ and over.
* Include CEH exam voucher fees
* Pass guarantee for the actual exam

I think "PASS GUARANTEE " simply means that you will be "REMOTELY ASSISTED" to pass the exam.

Everybody just thinking it but I am saying it that this is now a very common practice to pass IT certification exams especially the one that are remotely proctored. This may also be possible with the involvement from testing center that would like to make extra money. You can easily open up a testing center if you have bunch of PCs, monitors and a web camera.

I think we should boycott those certificates that are backed by "PASS GUARANTEE" until some serious action are taken by associated organization to clean up this corrupt practices.

Can you name a few other certs that comes along with "PASS GUARANTEE"?

Comments

• Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received the following quotation from training institute:

Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH®) v9 Certification
    Training & Examination

4 Days

AED 7,000

· Classroom
    · EC Council e-Kit with Course Materials
    · Digital Kit
    · Participation certificate
    · Examination with pass guarantee

I replied with the following email:
    "Due to my situation I cannot attend training. I m interested in 100% pass gurantee offer. Please explain if you can provide this and how?I do expect that price will be lower than 7000 aed because exam fees is 700$ plus eligibility fees."
    I provided my contact number and after an hour received a call from their representatives who explained to me the process of "PASS GUARANTEE". It goes like this:
    "I will provide them my Driving license / Passport scan and they will do the exam registration. Afterwards I will receive a registration confirmation email that I am suppose to forward to the training center. They will "TAKE CARE" of the actual exams delivery on that date and I will receive passing email (right after the exam is supposed to finish)."
    Pretty cool...
  • Options
    COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That's a big red flag right there, why they need your DL and Passport scan????? Those contains some of your PII information. I would avoid them, run away 1000 miles from them. If they would have said, you could take the training 2nd time for free only if you failed after 1st attempt. Basically, if i'm not wrong what they are saying someone else will take the exam on behalf of you and you will just received the Passed e-mail another bg no no.as they say Run Forest! Run away.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.