Preparing CRISC : Share Your Experiences

SaibilSaibil Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,
I am preparing for CRISC exam and in coming months I will write the exam. Need some good advice and suggestions what to do and what to refer. I am currently using the ISACA manual DB of 2015 version. This I think was last updated.

Those who have passed the CRISC , please share your experiences.

Thanks

Comments

• COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck with your exam Prep, here are my 3 cents of advice.

1. Even though ISACA's manuals are a dry reading, at least read the CRISC manual twice, and highlight anything that you think need further explanation, you can always google them.

2. Spend the $ 185 for the online QA DB, and take the exam at least twice, look at the explanation. That's the way you will be able to think the way ISACA would you want to answer it.

3. Spend some time in this forum, and see what other people said about their preparation in regards to CRISC and use those advice.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • FSF150FSF150 Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    promethuschow nailed it.

I actually enjoyed the CRISC manual and am nagging a co-worker to return it so I can continue to reference it. I used only the ISACA manual and database to study. The ISACA databases are outstanding prep tools.
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things. :neutral:
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    My boss is not a cert guy at all and just passed CRISC studying exclusively from the manual.
  • SaibilSaibil Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with your exam Prep, here are my 3 cents of advice.

1. Even though ISACA's manuals are a dry reading, at least read the CRISC manual twice, and highlight anything that you think need further explanation, you can always google them.

2. Spend the $ 185 for the online QA DB, and take the exam at least twice, look at the explanation. That's the way you will be able to think the way ISACA would you want to answer it.

3. Spend some time in this forum, and see what other people said about their preparation in regards to CRISC and use those advice.

Hi promethuschow,
    Thanks for the valuable advice. I will follow it

Thanks
  • SaibilSaibil Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi promethuschow
    Thanks for the valuable reply and advises. I will follow it for sure.

Thanks
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You are welcome Sire!!! and Good Luck. Let us know once you are done and ace the examicon_cheers.gif
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.
  • darylcodarylco Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all
    Im thinking of answering CRISC but have worked in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery only. Will this be something which I will be able to clear?

Thanks
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    darylco wrote: »
    Im thinking of answering CRISC but have worked in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery only. Will this be something which I will be able to clear?

Clearing the exam depends on you based on the amount of effort and preparation (one suggestion is above) that you will dedicate. I'm just not sure if you have the requisite experience to be officially certified, best to refer to ISACA's guidance - https://www.isaca.org/Certification/CRISC-Certified-in-Risk-and-Information-Systems-Control/pages/how-to-become-certified-crisc.aspx.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]