Options

MCSA - MS 70-740 - ReFS and DataDeduplication

mrdspmrdsp Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All, First post!!

I might not have left a time for this to be answered but if not I will hopfuly help somebody else.

I have been doing practice questions, many of them of the exam 70-740 and have had one sticking point that different exams (and even the same ones) seem to flip answers.

For the purpose of the official MS exam currently, is Data Deduplication supported on ReFS?

Previous versions of Server 2016 only NTFS was available option, now Deduplciation is supported on both NTFS and ReFS - how can I find out or please can somebody let me know.

I've read around and people have said to look at the BluePrints but I have no idea what they are or where to find them, taking the exam tomorrow afternoon icon_sad.gif

This can literally change 3 or 4 questions on the exam as it entirley dependant on the branch of Server 2016.

It's really bugging me! I'm doing well on the practice quesrions but this scenario comes up multiple times.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Comments

• Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Exam blueprint is here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-740.aspx

The exam hasn't been updated since November 2017, so the questions will be based on the first version of Server 2016 which is Windows Server 2016 (Long-Term Servicing Channel) version 1607.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    Exam blueprint is here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-740.aspx

The exam hasn't been updated since November 2017, so the questions will be based on the first version of Server 2016 which is Windows Server 2016 (Long-Term Servicing Channel) version 1607.

Thank you. So can assume for the purpose of the official Microsoft exam that ReFS does not support data deduplication?

:D
  • Options
    mrdsp wrote: »
    Thank you. So can assume for the purpose of the official Microsoft exam that ReFS does not support data deduplication?

:D

That's right as its an v1709 feature and the exam will test you on 1607. That's the way I saw it when I did my exams last year.

Even though MS put questions in the exam to trip you up, I doubt they will include questions from a feature which changed mid cycle unless they actually call out it on the exam blue print.

Good Luck!
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    I passed and have not got the MCSA - thanks for the advice guys. Got a few dedupe questions so was good to be confident ReFS does not support dedupe - for the purpose of the exam :D

Thanks again :D
  • Options
    Congrats!
    Certifications: