Using Sybex 7th Edition vs 8th Edition for CISSP

RinzlerRinzler Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello CISSP folks,

I've been studying CISSP using the Sybex 7th Edition earlier this year but of course the Sybex 8th Edition (latest edition) it out. I'm on Chapter 8 of the 7th Edition.

Should I stick with 7th Edition or start over using the 8th Edition? icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif

Comments

• CyberCop123CyberCop123 Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Rinzler wrote: »
    Hello CISSP folks,

I've been studying CISSP using the Sybex 7th Edition earlier this year but of course the Sybex 8th Edition (latest edition) it out. I'm on Chapter 8 of the 7th Edition.

Should I stick with 7th Edition or start over using the 8th Edition? icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif

Absolutely pointless to go to the 8th edition if you've got the 7th.

Stick to the 7th and you'll lose nothing
    My Aims
    2017: OSCP -
    COMPLETED
    2018: CISSP -
    COMPLETED
    2019: GIAC GNFA - Advanced Network Forensics & Threat Hunting -
    COMPLETED
               GIAC GREM - Reverse Engineering of Malware -
    COMPLETED

2021: CCSP
    2022: OSWE (hopefully)
  • Tekn0logyTekn0logy Member Posts: 113 ■■■■□□□□□□
    7th is just fine. ;) If you have the experience and knowledge, the book is just a reference that you should supplement with something else anyway. Stay up to date with new tech.
  • achavanachavan Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am using 7th edition and sticking to it. My exam is on Nov 1st. Keeping my fingers crossed..
  • RinzlerRinzler Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, CyberCop123. I will carry on with the 7th Edition and good luck on your exam... icon_thumright.gif

Also good luck on your exam, Achavan... :)
  • achavanachavan Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you Rinzler. I passed the exam. Detailed in another post about the resources I used.
  • luisbeeluisbee Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I compared the 7th and 8th editions; nothing major except for that 8th edition aligns with the new CISSP 8 Domains.

Am currently using 8th edition for my ISSAP preps and its quite handy esp where the ISSAP Official guide 2nd edition has so many errors and quite shallow as well.

All the best in your preps!!!
    Certs Achieved: CISA / CISM / CISSP / ISO 27001 Lead Auditor / CRISC
    Currently Studying: ISSAP / Python

"Be silly. Be fun. Be different. Be crazy. Be you, because life is too short to be anything but happy." - Anon
  • COBOL_DOS_ERACOBOL_DOS_ERA Member Posts: 205 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There is not much differences between them, you are fine with 7th ed. Good luck with your exam.
    CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP, PMI-ACP, SEC+, ITIL V3, A-CSM. And Many More.