Lab kit approval

Chrisk88Chrisk88 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I’m probably going to get flamed for this but I didn’t really find much newer thread regarding and I want more of a opinion on how future proof this set up will be as I’d like to move into CCNP and further in the future. Currently I found a good deal on the below equipment...suggestions/input?

2 x Cisco Switch POE WS-C3750V2-24PS (Version 15.0(2)SE7)

1 x Cisco WS-C2950T-24 (Version 12.1) or Cisco WS-2960-24 Switch

3 x Cisco 2821 or 2851 Router 256Mb RAM 128Mb Flash IOS Version 15.1(4)M10

Any feedback appreciated, as mentioned I’m looking more to see how far/well this will take me after completing CCNA

Thanks!

Comments

• clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    well, you haven't included enough information to tell you much.

you do give the equipment model numbers and the ios version. But you don't give what the ios feature set is. the feature set will tell you what the ios version is licensed for or capable to run. it is like buying computer that is running windows 10. That is very good. but what is it licensed to run, the home edition, the enterprise edition, or something in between. There is a big difference between the home and enterprise editions.

the same goes with the ios. Hopefully, it is something that you know and just left out. because when people want to sell you something and they leave out what it is licensed to do. it is more than likely to be the least capable feature set (ipbase) and not the most capable feature set (advanced enterprise).

and with the least capable feature set, it isn't capable of doing what is required beyond the ccna.
  • nopixelnopixel Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its a solid CCNA lab setup. A CCNP lab is a completely different beast than a CCNA lab but all the above could be part of a decent CCNP lab. Hope that helps.
    2018 goal: CCNA Collaboration - B]210-060[/B
  • Chrisk88Chrisk88 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input! Appreciate it. 

Images would be

3750 - c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.150-2.SE7.bin"

2821 -  c
    2800nm-adventerprisek9_ivs_li-mz.151-4.M10.bin

the 2950 is actually going to be a 2960 but unsure of image at this time

From my understanding the 3750 and 2821 images are what I would need?

thanks!
  • clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Those are very capable feature sets and the version number tells me they are very up to date also.  so your in the "lastest and greatest" area.

these will work great for not only the ccna but the ccnp route and switch exams also.  for the tshoot exam your going to be needing more equipment if you want to build the exam topology.

you have some good base equipment for other certs also.  a few pieces of extra equipment and you could study for the ccna security exam or the collaboration exam.

of course, this only applies to current exams.  I don't have any idea on what is going to be needed on future exams.  or how the cost and usability of virtual tools will improve.
  • Chrisk88Chrisk88 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That’s what I was looking to hear! Again much appreciation for your input!

as mentioned I plan to go down to CCNP route and securities in the futures so was looking to future proof myself as much as possible (obviously things can change in the future but was looking for a good base) future equipment will be added when the time comes.

thanks so much for your help!