Options

CEH Exam & changes

vek0001vek0001 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Just had a chat with EC-Council agent and they are saying that no more version number moving forward and it will be a general CEH.

They are asking us to buy the latest courseware if needed. Any inputs from any one? my exam is scheduled for Nov 1st week, icon_sad.gif

Very worried now. Please provide ur inputs.

Comments

• Options
    CyberCop123CyberCop123 Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    vek0001 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just had a chat with EC-Council agent and they are saying that no more version number moving forward and it will be a general CEH.

They are asking us to buy the latest courseware if needed. Any inputs from any one? my exam is scheduled for Nov 1st week, icon_sad.gif

Very worried now. Please provide ur inputs.

Why are you worried? This shouldn't affect your exam or your studies should it?
    My Aims
    2017: OSCP -
    COMPLETED
    2018: CISSP -
    COMPLETED
    2019: GIAC GNFA - Advanced Network Forensics & Threat Hunting -
    COMPLETED
               GIAC GREM - Reverse Engineering of Malware -
    COMPLETED

2021: CCSP
    2022: OSWE (hopefully)
  • Options
    Hi,

Thank you for the reply, am not sure how it is going be. Not worried much, but still going to be one of the initial test taker icon_sad.gif

Any inputs from you?
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The "no version number" story has been around for a while after they moved from v8 to v9, yet they decide to keep branding the training as "Certified Ethical Hacker (CEHv10) Course". Reason 1,385 why I hate this company.

To CyberCop123's comment, if you know the material you have nothing to worry about. Every time changes are introduced they are minimal.
  • Options
    thanks for inputs guys, anyone took on Nov 1 2018?
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    if you know the material you have nothing to worry about.

But if one only knows **** material then there is a lot to worry about if the exam is changing :D
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    "permanently revoked", LOL
  • Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I took the beta for the new exam awhile back so that I could get 80 CEUs. Nothing has changed, it's still the same terrible exam it was last version.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    hi, what you mean by terrible exam? when did u take? can give more information pls?
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    hi, what you mean by terrible exam? when did u take? can give more information pls?

Please direct all your EC-Council questions to cyberguypr. He is the local expert on all their content and policies.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options

Oh boy, are you in for a treat. Just take the exam and you will understand.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ^^^^^LMAO!^^^^^^^icon_cheers.gif
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    guys, kind of getting scared, please advise.
  • Options
    Scared? Halloween is over.

And to PCTechLinc, you have been reported for cyber-bullying. I also repped you to balance it out. HAHAHA!!! icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    Will vek0001 overcome his fear of the CEH exam? Will he be able to prove his ability to understand severely broken english and answer common sense questions about network security?! Find out next time, ON DRAGONBALL Z!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Scared of CEH...I hope you never attempt OSCP lol
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
  • Options
    E Double U wrote: »
    Scared of CEH...I hope you never attempt OSCP lol

Lol very true. You don't know true terror until you've spent 13+ hours in the exam getting no where.
  • Options
    "CEH - try hard-ish"
  • Options
    ^^^ LMAO ^^^

try hardly
  • Options
    DntH8MeDntH8Me Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Although I have been procrastinating about taking the exam, I can't help but laugh at this thread. I really do need to stop so that I can focus my attention to other worthwhile exams - this year has been trash for me I haven't achieved any of my 2018 cert goals.
    2019 Certification Goals: ​CEH | PenText + | CISM? | stop procrastinating
  • Options
    Cleared the exam today. Thanks everyone
  • Options
    DntH8MeDntH8Me Member Posts: 73 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats, and I still haven't scheduled an exam date
    2019 Certification Goals: ​CEH | PenText + | CISM? | stop procrastinating
  • Options
    engrrichieengrrichie Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cleared the exam today. Thanks everyone

bros, the least you could do was share your exam experience sir...has anything changed?..was it harder/ simpler?
  • Options
    acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    very good subreddit for exam experiences and resources: http://reddit.com/r/ceh
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm sure it's the same level of difficulty.  MC exam, etc.  The "non-version" thing is due to ANSI accreditation which requires them do continuous changes instead of versioning, despite ECC using version numbers for their training material which is pretty much junk.  I have a bunch of official ECC books and they're pretty much all just one huge PPT in dead tree format.

Don't expect it to be harder or easier, just different questions.  You shouldn't be worried about it unless you're cheating.   :#
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    The CEH has a whole different meaning for me after taking it and dealing with the EC-Council. Certified EC-Council Hater.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    edited November 2018
    McxRisley said:
    The CEH has a whole different meaning for me after taking it and dealing with the EC-Council. Certified EC-Council Hater.
    LOL.  Allegedly, dealing with them may or may not leave much to be desired.  Will neither confirm nor deny.