Options

Passed ICND1!

juicyjay36juicyjay36 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I passed ICND1 with 890 out of 832. Below are my study resources. I plan on immediately studying for ICND2. If I can do this, you can too!!! Work hard and stay motivated!

-Wendell Odom's ICND1 100-105 book.
-Chris Bryant's CCNA 200-125 Videos.
-Ranet's packet tracer labs.

What do you guys recommend for ICND2? I already have Wendell Odom's ICND2 book and can use Chris Bryant's videos. Will Ranet's packet tracer labs suffice for this exam? Or should I seek other labs for this exam?

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job!

I am not familiar with the labs you used but I had great luck with Odom's books. I personally had trouble listening to most of bryant's videos. The material was covered but the format put me to sleep. ICND2 builds on 1 so definitely keep going. I would not take a break between them of more then a few weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks man.

Yeah I listened to most of them on my commute to and from work. My drive is an hour to and from work so I took advantage of that.
  • Options
    Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Keep up the good work and don't lose your momentum!
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • Options
    SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesme!
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Options
    cabowabocabowabo Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    B.S. Network Admin | CCNP-Wireless
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2018:
    CCNP-W [X] ACSA [X] JNCIA [X]
    CERTIFICATION GOALS 2019: CCIE-W [ ? ] CWAP [ ? ]
  • Options
    Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Personally I found the CBT nugget videos to be pretty good along with the Odom book. If you can afford it the Boson practice exams and sims were pretty helpful too.
    Working on: CCNP Switch
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'm going to take a look at Boson for ICND2.