Options

Simulation software

framptsframpts Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D HI people.

I am fairly new to the forum, have read a lot of articles and picked up a great deal of info from you guys. I am looking for some study literature info. I am using A+ for dummies and did support for an inbound call centre running NT 4 (216 operators) so I can hack my way around a PC. My question is this. I have the simulation SW from VN publishing and according to the questions on the OS side, the A+ dummies book leaves me wanting. I have used these before with good results.Are these simulations anything like the real Mcoy? I am not quite sure what to expect.

Incidently I am enrolled, starting Sep 4th for semester 1 of the CCNA. I have done some Cisco support before but need more training.

I want to try and get the A+ soon as I believe the exam is due for a face lift in November?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanx Stu, in Calgary
STU

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i have not used the testing software you mentioned, so i cannot comment on how realistic it is, but i remember reading that dummies user weren't pleased with how well it covered the a+ exam.

you may wish to seek out books by meyers or groth for this exam, they are highly recommended by many. i used examcram, and though well of it, so you might want to check out examcram2 as well.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I was considering the same software, but saw on another forum that someone who used it said that 12 of 16 questions were verbatim from the COMPtia exam, so I shyed away from it.

Sounds like "brain ****", could be illegal. That's just my opinion.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    framptsframpts Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanx for the feedback.

I have got hold of examcram2, and at a quick glance it seems to have more coverage on the topics that i found weak in the dummies book.

The Dummies book recomended VN Publishing software as a training aid.

Thanx again

Regards

Stuart
    STU