Options

Help Desk Support Job Interview-Went WELL!

eclowneyeclowney Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was in IT for 6 yrs. did help desk / tech support / network admin and was laid off in 2001 and not working in the field since then; however i've been emp'd 3 yrs. now in cust. serv. rep for a utility co. and just applied for this internal help desk position. Luckily for me that i was home for 3 mths for foot surgery and decided to get my certs updated and just acheived my A+ and MCDST in april 2006.

basically i'm a nervous wreck because the only IT work i've done were side jobs for family and friends....

anyway Thurs. morning is my interview and have 6 people competing against but i'm the only one cert. in the position.

I just need some interview help / tips / encouragement!

Thanks.
"Comfort is the Enemy of Achievement"

Go For IT!

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, not sure about tips or help, but here is some encouragement - you can do it! Good luck! Not a whole lot has changed in 3 years, and if you've been keeping up on the side and completing those certs it won't take you long to get back in the groove.
    :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    Just be honest, but sell yourself. Hey man, if they called you in for an interview, they must like something! Good luck man!
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • Options
    Thanks brennonbladin for your words of encouragement.......

I will sell myself... this is the 2nd time i've heard this ... so- i better take your advice.

and sprkymrk you hit it right on the nose.... it's the whole groove thing that makes me a nervous wreck! I know my stuff and I love doing it; i'm just nervous as he!!........

I'll keep you'll posted on the outcome of the interview![/b]

Thanks again,
    Liz

Go For IT!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    eclowney wrote:
    I'll keep you'll posted on the outcome of the interview![/b]
    Thanks again,
    Liz
    Please do!
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    No Fear.

Go in there like you already have the job.

Not cocky, confident.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    dmm37dmm37 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!

I was also worried and got the job, I think if you get and interview you have a good shot.

David
  • Options
    Hello All,
    The interview went well and he did most of the talking; he didn't ask any technical questions because he had a copy of my certifications with him and as i stated before the MCDST cert. helped for this position.

This was an internal position and they have to finish up interview others within the company. (policy procedures) I should know something next week.... Not to toot my horn but none of the other candidates are certified and i hope it counts!

The interviewer knows the steps i've taken to prep for this position all on my own as i had no idea it would eventually be available; so i hope he notices that as well as the importance of certifications.
    thanks all for your support and i'll update next week.
    Liz

Go For IT!
  • Options
    Hello All,

I got the job but had 5 others that also applied; 2 were my biggest competition and i was worried but because i had my MCDST cert.
    I got the JOB.... i am so proud that during my 3 months at home after foot surgery; i decided to study for both the A+ & MCDST and it paid off!
    I'm sorry that i'm repeating myself with this .... I just want everyone to know that you just never know the outcome of any situation!

Thanks to all for your encouragement!

My official start date is July 10th and I'll looking forward to it.

icon_wink.gif
    Liz

Go For IT!
  • Options
    SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Congratulations! Great use of down time. That too could have been a factor in choosing you for the job: initiative.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ Liz..............

Keep up the good owrk.........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE