Good study material

mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
Following on from passing 70-215 yesterday, I want to go and do 70-218.

Can any fellow forum members, recommend some good study material for the exam ? personally I prefer pc based study material as opposed to book. I know, I know..Im a geek !
A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.

Comments

• 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    I highly recommend books--especially self-paced training kits-- when studying for MS exams. I almost always make sure I don't use a "Mastering" or "Unleashed" book for exam preparation. They're just too broad and they don't give you that objective-centric focus needed for smooth preparatoin. That said, you can try MS Press' self paced training kits. They're certainly beautiful, especially the newly designed ones.

http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6112.asp

If you're the 'tech-geek' type of a person, CBT's and/or exam simulations should help. CBT Nuggets is a good place to get CBT videos and Trancenders is a good place to find exam simulations.

Or, you could certainly use whatever study method u've used for the 215 exam, since you've passed it.
    Best of Luck icon_lol.gif
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    Thanks for that info. I actually used Smartcertify CBT's for 210 & 215, but I dont have any for 218.

I'll take a look at the info you gave me.

Before I really get stuck into the studying, can you tell me exactly what is the difference in objectives between 215 and 218 ? Apart from it being harder !!!
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    215 is specifically more about servers, whereas 218 is an all-encompassing administrator thing, surely.
    A+ Moderator
  • LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I'm studying for it currently and have scheduled the test for Fri. Sept. 5. I've already finished the sybex book and just am going over little things and bangin out some practice tests (lots of home lab time too).

One thing I did notice is that if you use Transcenders to help you study, there are some questions from the 210 & 215 on the 218 practice tests.

Good Luck on the studying......
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□