Starting MCSA 2016 PAth

Chrisbari14Chrisbari14 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
Goodmorning Tech Fam!

Currently I have a number of Comptia certs but now i think it's time to add a certification with some weight. I have server experience managing windows server 2012r2, 2008 and some of 2016, so I think it's appropriate to go ahead and get this certification. What materials were the best resources for you guys? I  looked thru the forums to find the best study resources but I see that the resources are scattered so to speak.

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm not a fan of looking for the best material. It seems for most things there is to much material so I feel it is far more important to pick one and work your way through it.

I used:
    Cert Guide Books from person which include online practice test.
    CBT Nuggets subscription which includes the videos and online practice exams
    Home Lab running a domain and setting up virtual machines for each major exam topic.

• N7ValiantN7Valiant Member Posts: 363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Home lab is the best material.  When I got to the point where I'm learning about data deduplication and differencing disks, I realize I squandered the features of the modern OS and that's why my 2TB of flash storage was quickly filling up.  So I tore down my old virtual lab (domain and all) and spun up server core with differencing disks and built a new domain from Powershell, which I'm about to tear down and rebuild again because the parent disk was only 50 GB in size max and I'd probably need more space to spin up MDT/WDS X_x
    OSCP
    MCSE: Core Infrastructure
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016
    CompTIA A+ | Network+ | Security+ CE