Linux+/LPIC 1 voucher

Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
All, 

I'm studying for my Linux+/LPIC 1 exams, I came across a voucher with 32% discount for the LPIC 1 exams, this only applies to LPIC 1. What I'm wondering is, can I take the LPIC 1 exams 101 and 102 and apply for the Comptia Linux+ certification as well after completing the exams or does it only work the other way around (Taking the Linux+ exams then applying to get the LPIC 1 cert) ?

Thank you

Sa'ad
INE v4 volume 1

Comments

• thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No, you have to get the Linux+ vouchers.  You can’t go the other way.
  • Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had a feeling that, that was the case. 

Thank you thomas!
    INE v4 volume 1
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gracetechsolutions is the cheapest place I've found doing Linux+ vouchers. I bought and used one a couple of weeks ago for LX0-103.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
    Thanks a lot Pseudonym.

I don't see much of a discount now, they only have like a 10% discount which is not too bad. 
    INE v4 volume 1
    Thanks a lot Pseudonym.

I don't see much of a discount now, they only have like a 10% discount which is not too bad. 
    INE v4 volume 1
  • TuningislifeTuningislife Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was just looking for vouchers from the school I teach at, and we offer a voucher, but it doesn't make much sense:

CompTIA Pearson VUE Linux+ powered by LPI

This is for an exam voucher to take the CompTIA Linux+ powered by LPI exam at a Authorized Pearson VUE Testing Center.  You may register by going to www.pearsonvue.com.

They offer it for $184.53 which seems like it would only be one of the tests not both. 

Anyone have experience on that?

Completed: B.S. & M.S. in Cybersecurity, and MBA @ UMUC
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sa'ad said:
    Thanks a lot Pseudonym.

Keep in mind, Pearson vue add taxes on at the end of checkout. So it might end up being more than 10%.

Tuningislife said:
    I was just looking for vouchers from the school I teach at, and we offer a voucher, but it doesn't make much sense:

This is for an exam voucher to take the CompTIA Linux+ powered by LPI exam at a Authorized Pearson VUE Testing Center.  You may register by going to www.pearsonvue.com.

They offer it for $184.53 which seems like it would only be one of the tests not both. 

Yeah you have to buy two separate vouchers unfortunately.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I struggle to imagine how heavy it would be if Linux+ was one exam.
    That said, the cert is well worth the investment. Wish you success when the time comes.
  • Abal1Abal1 Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For those that care, you can actually get up to 40% discount on Comptia's website if you're a college student. I ended up getting about 25% discount on Linux+ exam voucher's on Comptia's website. 
  • annamaeannamae Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□

When my company purchases Linux+ vouchers, they are only for one exam. So for our students to take the 103/104 exams they have to purchase both. 
  • bellarzbellarz Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The company I worked for at the time gave us access to the CBT courses provided by SkillSoft(.)com and they also provided us separate vouchers for each exams (LPIC-1, LPIC-2, LPIC-3) from learnologyworld(.)com which at the time was at a 45% discount so with that being said, it is sad but separate vouchers will be needed .