Azure certification planning, security focus

johnnycryptojohnnycrypto Posts: 12Member ■■□□□□□□□□
I am trying to make sense of how to pursue Azure certification.  It's my understanding they are retiring the 70- series that would have gained you the Azure MCSA, retiring those end of this year.  

So basically are we just playing a waiting game for the replacement courses and so on?  I can't figure it out.  I can't even figure out what books one would get.  I'd like to focus on security, but the Azure solutions architect is what I'm thinking is my focus right now.

Comments

• mikey88mikey88 Senior Member USAPosts: 296Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you want to focus on cloud security, then look into AWS certs or pick up some automation/scripting skills while you wait for updated exam curriculum.
    Certs: CySA+, Security+, Network+ | 2018 Goals: CISSP

• Azt7Azt7 Member Posts: 80Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I don't know where the Azure cert program is going. 

They updated all the exams in the fall of 2017 and even realeased the 70-535 Solution Architect (which I passed in August). 

Less than a year after that update, all those exams are getting retired for some brand new ones ?

Looks like they are all over the place so I woud recommend waiting for any Azure cert and rather go for CCSK or CCSP if you qualify. Those are vendor neutral and can be applied to all cloud environnements
    Certifications : ITIL, MCSA Office 365, MCSE Productivity, AWS CSAA, Azure Architect, CCSK
    Studying for
    2019 : CCSP - CISM 
    2020/2021 : TOGAF - CGEIT
  • wilsontankwilsontank Posts: 2Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    70-533 Exam is being replaced by the AZ-100, and AZ-101, with and AZ-102 being the bridge exam.

70-532 Exam is now Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate, and splitting into 2 new exams, AZ-200 and AZ-201; AZ-202 is the bridge exam for those who already have the 70-532 Certification.

Azure 300 level Certifications are expert level, split up between AZ-300, AZ-301, and AZ-302 (being the bridge Exam).

• cochi78cochi78 Member Hannover, GermanyPosts: 57Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate got changed. It's only one exam now (AZ-203) after some feedback from test takers.

In addition, there's "Azure Fundamentals" (AZ-900) and "Azure DevOps Engineer Expert" (AZ-400, need Administrator or Developer Associate first) now.

2019 Goals - LPIC 701, CASP, CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CISM
    2019 Recert - AWS ANS, AWS SCS, Docker Associate, CySA+