Just starting out - should I be more familiar with Win 10?

dammetsdammets Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've only ever used Win 7. For the purpose of the 901/902, should I become accustomed to Win 10? Will I have a harder time passing if I stick with Win 7 for the time being?

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I hate the interface for Windows 10, when I have to upgrade at work, kicking and screaming, I'll customize the interface to look "Windows 7" like. but yes your right, you should be familiar with every version of windows for customer support purposes. 
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • dammetsdammets Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hate the interface for Windows 10, when I have to upgrade at work, kicking and screaming, I'll customize the interface to look "Windows 7" like. but yes your right, you should be familiar with every version of windows for customer support purposes. 
    It definitely makes sense that I'd have to be familiar with most operating systems in order to better do my job. But what about for the A+ exam? Will the specific OS matter?
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    According to the FAQ, windows 10 question are not included on the exam. So for the exam, no, but you should have some familiarity with it when interviewing for positions.  
    https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a/comptia-a-900-faq
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    To be a good tech, you will want to strive to be familiar with many different OS as well as any goofy layout options your customer may select...particularly if you must work in front of the end user.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    More and more companies are switching over to Windows 10, so yes, I highly recommend getting yourself a copy and getting familiar with the ins-and-outs of the OS. As most have stated, as a tech providing end user support it is viable to be familiar with multiple systems and their quirks. It's not detrimental to learn for the A+ 900 series but with it expiring and the 1000 series around the corner that version may have more Windows 10 related questions.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise