eLearnSecurity - IHRPv1 - Incident Handling and Reponse

averageguy72averageguy72 Senior MemberPosts: 254Registered Members ■■■□□□□□□□
eLearnSecurity is launching a new course focused on Incident Handling

Registration for the overview webinar is below.

https://www.elearnsecurity.com/resources/webinars/ihrpv1_preview
Tagged:

Comments

• r3nzsecr3nzsec Posts: 27Registered Members ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excited about this course launch!!
  • SylabicumaSylabicuma Posts: 18Registered Members ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just registered. Thanks for this!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Senior Member Posts: 6,587Mod Mod
    I am very curious. I just hired a kid fresh out of college for my IR team and this has potential. 
    I am very curious. I just hired a kid fresh out of college for my IR team and this has potential. 
    kudos to those hiring managers who are giving chance to these young fellows. Give him eLearnSecurity courses and he will be good for sure!
  • u1trasu1tras Posts: 44Registered Members ■■■□□□□□□□
    Really want to see the syllabus of the course! 
  • impelseimpelse Posts: 1,223Registered Members ■■■■□□□□□□
    Look interesting

Blog: learn-security.net

Computer Support Houston Area: thehost1.com
  • DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Posts: 2,284Registered Members ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited November 30
    For junior and intermediate roles I prefer freshers from quality schools.  In regards to the course look promising!  Thanks for sharing

Can't wait for the syllabus to come out. Just received an email from ELS last night and they said they got a thousand of registrants 48 hours after releasing the webinar invite. They also revealed that this IR course is based on standard framework (NIST) with cutting edge and proven real life experience. :)
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Posts: 2,185Registered Members ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm interested in seeing it too, FWIW they always say they got a thousand registrants and to register quickly. At this point it just sounds like a sales tactic  :wink:
  • Skyyyyy2001Skyyyyy2001 Posts: 39Registered Members ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cost will be my number 1 decision factor to consider and also what types of labs it offers.
  • PenguineerPenguineer Posts: 1Registered Members ■■□□□□□□□□
    Price is a big factor for me as well. I'm predicting that it is going to be priced similarly to eCPPT (1,199 - 1,599) because they're calling it "the eCPPT of IR" 
    Will be available any discounts for existing courses? That's an interesting question too.
  • wd40wd40 Posts: 980Registered Members ■■■■□□□□□□
    They usually give discounts to existing students.
    wd40 said:
    Do you mean to those who was previosly completed some other their courses?
    u1tras said:
    wd40 said:
    Do you mean to those who was previosly completed some other their courses?
    They do provide normally 40% off to the existing students. Meaning, those who we were able to purchased at least one of their courses. 
    edited December 3
    That's interesting. If I purchase a new IHRP course with launch discount then I become an ELS student. And if I purchase another one course - will I get 40% off as a student? :) 
  • TimBakerTimBaker Posts: 7Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
    The 40% discount usually applies only to newly launched courses. 
  • TimBakerTimBaker Posts: 7Registered Users ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm just curious how this will differ in content to THP since threat hunting is a part of incident response. I will wait and see what the course syllabus is like but I'm not so sure at the moment if it will offer any depth.

• chrisonechrisone Senior Member Posts: 1,766Registered Members ■■■■■■■■□□
    TimBaker said:
    I'm just curious how this will differ in content to THP since threat hunting is a part of incident response. I will wait and see what the course syllabus is like but I'm not so sure at the moment if it will offer any depth.

Just make sure you watch the Webinar because they go into the syllabus and they do demonstrations. Sometime just looking at the syllabus may not do the content justice. A syllabus does not show "HOW" the subject is taught, only that the subject is taught. 
    2018 Goals: SANS Advanced Security Essentials - Enterprise Defender (complete, not going for cert), SpecterOps: Adversary Tactics Red Team OPS (complete), eCPPT (obtained), OSCP PWK (in progress), Demystifying Regular Expressions (in progress), SLAE, OSCE CTP
    Just checked out last year's discounts from eLS. There was about 40% off for the new launched THP course and $200 gift card for other courses. Hope they'll repeat it again:)