Passed CRISC Today

cjthedj45cjthedj45 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□

Hi All,

Passed CRISC yesterday!!

Study Resources:

1. 20% Kelly Handerhan CRISC videos - I thought the content was slightly off here from Kelly normally she is very good

2. 80% ISACA Q&A Database - This was the best resource for me. I did all of the questions which was about 30 hours worth. I read all of the answers even the incorrect. Concepts that I needed extra revision with I copied into a word document and read them a few times.

I did not need the review manual, but I do have a fair amount of experience and Im also CISSP and recently CISM certified which helped.

Tips: Know the difference between risk types (Inherent, Control, Relevance, Residual, Acceptance, Avoidance, Transfer, Mitigation) Know what a risk profile is and how its developed, know the difference between data owners and custodians,)

Hope that helps

Comments

• MeggoMeggo Administrator Admin Posts: 197 Admin
    Congrats on the pass! 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • DZA_DZA_ Untitled. Member Posts: 438 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations! Thst QAE DB is a lifesaver for many. :smiley:
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 422 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats! I will be taking CGEIT next month. I was about to start studying for CRISC but CGEIT will be better for a position that will be opening in the spring. QA&E helps a lot for gauging comprehension of the material.  
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • ecuisonecuison CISSP, CCSP, TOGAF v9 Certified, Security+, Network+ Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!  Thanks for the info.  Will have to stay close to the hip on the study resources.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • promethuschowpromethuschow Member Northern VA, NYCMember Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing the info and the tips for the exam. @ Kaiju  let's know your test experience regarding CGEIT, I'm planning to take it around March, 2019.
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Senior Member Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 422 ■■■■■■□□□□
    edited December 2018
    @promethuschow Will do! I am currently reading the study guide ebook. 
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • promethuschowpromethuschow Member Northern VA, NYCMember Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @ Kaiju, thank you. 
  • soooowutnowsoooowutnow Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    2018 Achievements:
    Cloud Essentials SME
    Project+
    CRISC

2019 To conquer:
    Maybe CGEIT? I don't know - help!