Options

Certified Security Awareness Practitioner (CSAP)

Russ5813Russ5813 Member Posts: 123 ■■■□□□□□□□

While looking through training on InfoSec Institute, I came across this certification, which I've never heard of. I read through the course syllabus and it sounds like it could be an interesting class. I'm not worried about the marketability of the certificate itself, but I am keen on knowing more about the quality of content. Has anyone here taken this course? Did it meet or exceed your expectations, or do you feel other courses cover the material better?

Comments

• Options
    LisaPlaggemierLisaPlaggemier Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'll be teaching the course and it's launching early next year.  My goal is to communicate the perfect combo of theory, strategy, and planning (textbook stuff) with real world "here's what works" examples.  My background is marketing, so I will include how to borrow some best practices from the world of marketing and sales.

Is there anything specific you are looking for?  Not too late to add a special request!  Anyone?  
  • Options
    Russ5813Russ5813 Member Posts: 123 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a background as an instructor in LE/Physical Sec and am always on the lookout for opportunities to apply my experience in the world of IT, so security awareness training and program management are especially interesting to me. I don't often see training that specifically focuses on the two. I won't be able to make the first couple of scheduled sessions, but I'll definitely be keeping it in mind for next fiscal year!