Options

Failed CRISC

NobleGiantNobleGiant Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
I failed CRISC for the second time. I used the official CRM and also the online QAE which i practiced to understand rather than remembering answers. I also practiced CISM Risk Management Questions. But the actual exams had no relation with the review manual and the QAE. 

The questions are vague. Please any study recommendations. I'm very frustrated and worried.

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    What was your score on the QA&E DB? 

My CISM questions were nothing like the material in the manual or QA&E DB. I thoroughly read each question and then eliminated the obvious incorrect answer(s). I encountered many questions that had more than one correct answer so I would re-read the question and then choose the answer that best fit the situation. 
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
  • Options
    kaiju said:
    What was your score on the QA&E DB? 

My CISM questions were nothing like the material in the manual or QA&E DB. I thoroughly read each question and then eliminated the obvious incorrect answer(s). I encountered many questions that had more than one correct answer so I would re-read the question and then choose the answer that best fit the situation. 
    I was scoring around 85% after my second attempt on the QAE. Any other recommended study materials?
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What were your scores on the actual exam?  What did your scoring per domain look like?  I found the exam to be pretty straightforward when I sat it.  I had roughly 5 years of Risk Management experience at the time.  We really need more details before we can help you get better prepared
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    Did you do all of the questions in the QA&E or just an "exam"?

For CISM, I did 100 question blocks until I had taken all of the questions in the DB and then did 10 to 15 exams. I was at the 92~95% range before sitting for the actual exam. I read the manual a couple times completely and then referred to it whenever I would miss questions that I thought were poorly worded. I also make a serious effort to understand why all of the incorrect answers are wrong. I actually do this for all certs.

What were your weakest domains? 
  • Options
    jcundiff said:
    What were your scores on the actual exam?  What did your scoring per domain look like?  I found the exam to be pretty straightforward when I sat it.  I had roughly 5 years of Risk Management experience at the time.  We really need more details before we can help you get better prepared
    Please my scores are below:
    You received a total scaled score of 441. For your information, your exam results by area are provided below. SCALED SCORES BY CONTENT AREA:
    IT Risk Identification 468
    IT Risk Assessment 486
    Risk Response and Mitigation 398
    Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting 441

I'm very worried and I don't know which materials to use again. Please kindly advice
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    You were only 9 points from passing. The Risk Response and Mitigation domain is what hurt you the most. Read the manual again thoroughly!!  Reset your QA&E db scores so you will have a fresh start. Do blocks of 50~100 questions before moving on to the next block. After you have done all of the questions, you can start taking the timed prep exam with a target grade of at least 85% in mind. Make sure you know why the correct answer is correct and the incorrect answers are not. This way you can answer a similar question that is worded differently on the actual exam.

Good luck!