Options

Cisco Labs from Certification Kits

LunchbocksLunchbocks Member Posts: 319 ■■■■□□□□□□
I read and commented on quite a few threads about buying switches and routers to build a lab. I also read about companies who are selling pre-made labs. I researched them, read reviews, and finally bought a lab. I was worried that it might not be what it was advertised as, but after quite a few corrisponces with the company, I took the chance and am very happy with the lab.

I bought the lab through certificationkits.com. Some on this forum had used them and were happy. I verified through quite a few emails with Certification Kits exactly what I needed and what I was getting. In the end I got exactly what they advertised.

My lab consists of the following:
  • 3 Routers - Cisco 1841 256/64
  • 3 Switches - Cisco 3560-TS
  • Smart serial cards with cables for the routers.
  • All other connecting cables.
  • 16RU deluxe rack.
  • 1 CD with all current IOS images for this equipment.
  • 1 large lab book with detailed labs.

I thought about ebay and other methods, but I have done that in the past and didn't get exactly what I thought I was getting (outdated basic IOS images on 1924 switches that were supposed to be current and enterprise). At least I was dealing with a company that I might be able to get help with if everything wasn't right.

Certification Kits was awesome to work with. They answered my emails quickly, including many on the weekends. They shipped next day, and everything was packaged very well. The routers came with IOS 15 installed. The switches were on IOS 12, but the CD had the latest images and were easily upgraded to 15. The rack is sturdy, and the labs are well written and helpful.

I don't have any affiliation with Certification Kits other than buying their stuff. I wanted to write this to let others know who are considering buying from them my experience. I am very happy with my lab, and will use them in the future to add equipment for CCNA Security, CCNA Wireless, and CCNP R&S.

It is definitely cheaper to build a lab through ebay or letgo, but you don't always know what you are getting. But buying from someone like certification kits will get you up and running with tech support if you need it.

--Hank

Degree: Liberty University - B.S Computer Science (In Progress)
Current Certs: CCENT | MCTS | Network+
Currently Working On: Security+
2020 Goals: CCNA, CCNP Security, Linux+