Options

CCNP Books on Amazon?

UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey, 

I purchased the CCNP bundle book from Amazon and I'm near complete with the Switch Portion, I'm planning to supplement my learning with CBT Nuggets, (Ipv6) and Udemy, but I'm curious has anyone used these books as a resource before and if so, what are your thoughts. 

I purchased these books as i'm on a budget and it's the best deal around town. So far the explanations has depth and the concepts are resonating with me, but I think labbing will further solidify the concept. I'm just kinda curious as it's 80 bucks makes me ponder? 

https://www.amazon.com/Routing-Switching-Bundle-300-101-Paperback/dp/9332559643/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_1/137-2113899-1320103?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FZGQ6CFG1PFRVNAVFXZZ
CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA

Comments

• Options
    pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Im currently using the cisco press route book.

Whilst yes the book does go in depth into yhe concepts, it doesnt cover the full list of topics from the exam blueprint. The FLG series can aid im supplementing studies but I would look towards the cisco config guides to fill in the gaps.
    [X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
    [  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
    [  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
    [  ] CCIE R&S LAB
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited December 2018
    These appear to be the International Version.

Why do they make an Internation Version? Are the exams the same worldwide?  If they are, the books are probably just identical.
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Why do they make an Internation Version? Are the exams the same worldwide?  If they are, the books are probably just identical.
    Usually for one or two reasons. First would be distribution rights within a region, second would be language localization to go from US English to British English and vice versa.

With the exception of the Japanese language version, the exams are the same no matter where you take them.
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    EANx said:
    Usually for one or two reasons. First would be distribution rights within a region, second would be language localization to go from US English to British English and vice versa.

With the exception of the Japanese language version, the exams are the same no matter where you take them.

Right, the questions were systematic and rhetorical to help the OP come to a conclusion ... as an example, but! I appreciate the response. Thank you.

My estimate was they were identical, yes. I should have been more clear in my post.