Options

ExSim-Max for CISSP (v2018) By: Boson

sach2017sach2017 Member Posts: 16 ■■□□□□□□□□
For practicing cissp questions, is ExSim-Max for CISSP (v2018) By: Boson the recommended test engine ?????

I see its available for $75 till eod. I plan to appear for the exam during Feb second half. I am currently practicing from ISC2 Official CISSP Practice Test 2nd edition.

Thoughts/ suggestions/ inputs will be highly appreciated. 

Comments

• Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I used the previous version (2015) through Boson, and although it was very good, I wouldn't call it great.  The questions weren't nearly as hard as others I've seen.  I liked the Total Tester version that came with the All-In-One book.  I can't imagine that Boson has changed THAT much compared to the last version, but it's possible.  In the end, I think I would still pay $75-100 for the Boson exam, even if the content was still very much the same.

Hope that helps.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    Thank You for the inputs. Lastly, do you how long i will have the access to Boson once i get it activated?
  • Options
    Their practice exams are available for life, for that specific version.  I still have access to CISSP 2015 and CEHv8, but if I want the newest versions, I have to purchase again.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
  • Options
    anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Purchased it 2 weeks ago.  I haven't tried it yet as I'm still reading the book.  Just wanted to avail of the discount.  Copied from the Single User License Agreement below.

Term.  The term of the license granted hereunder shall commence upon your acceptance of this License or your downloading the Product; and such license will expire upon the earlier of either: (i) that date which is three (3) years from the date of commencement, or (ii) such other term of duration as specified in writing by Boson at time of your purchase or installation of the Product as expressly stated on your Product invoice or receipt from Boson, or (iii) whenever you permanently discontinue use of the Product.
    AnthonX
  • Options
    Do you recommend any other test engine as well?
  • Options
    Term.  The term of the license granted hereunder shall commence upon your acceptance of this License or your downloading the Product; and such license will expire upon the earlier of either: (i) that date which is three (3) years from the date of commencement, or (ii) such other term of duration as specified in writing by Boson at time of your purchase or installation of the Product as expressly stated on your Product invoice or receipt from Boson, or (iii) whenever you permanently discontinue use of the Product.
    That's interesting... I have about 5 different products from them, and a few of them are more than 3 years old.  I am still able to access everything.  Maybe it differs depending on the product?
  • Options
    mactexmactex Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A lot of the Boson questions/answers are referenced to the official study guide. A few are kind of "out there". Overall, I found their question format and style to be very helpful in preparing for the exam and an excellent reinforcement of the material. Recommended.
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I've used the previous version of the CISSP BOSON Exam Simulator (v.2015) and would definitely recommend it in conjunction with other exam simulators/questions banks out there. 
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Haven't used the Boson test engine, but it has been receiving great reviews on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/cissp/ (You need to browse through the posts though...)
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    @DZA_ : which other test engine do you recommend. 

Also, do Boson offer such deals like 25% off frequently? Should I just take it or wait if I plan to appear during feb/march time frame?
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Other exam study questions that I recommend are below:

The Office ISC2 CISSP Sybex Question Bank (Paper or online version) 

I am not sure about the 25% BOSON discount but I only see them from time to time. 
  • Options
    The 25% discount through Boson ends Friday.  They usually offer discounts, but most of the time they're 10-15%.  Only one other time (can't remember when), they were giving a 30% discount.
  • Options
    Why not just buy it now?  You have 3 years to prepare for the exam anyway.  Most passers recommend at least two practice test from different sources.  I already have Sybex app test installed in my phone and Boson in my laptop.  
    AnthonX
  • Options
    @anthonx: how did you get the Sybex app on mobile. I did buy the Sybex material and have the access to their online material. 
  • Options
    It's in the Android Play store for a fee.  I paid less than USD10.  Try to search for it.  I also bought the Sybex practice test book so I have access to the online material as well.  
    AnthonX
  • Options
    MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Boson has the big sales for Black Friday, Xmas, and New Year's, then there are just a few small sales throughout the year.
  • Options
    fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I currently have the Boson exam and I haven’t taken the test yet so I can’t compare the two but I am really enjoying going through the Boson exams. Each question explains what the answers are and why they are right or wrong.