Options

How hard is the a+ exam??

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

ive read several people in the forum have mixed feedback over the a+ exams. i am currently studying for my a+ hardware and i wanted a broader view of feedback. Basically i want to know if its all one liner questions with multi choice answers or do they always ( or the majority of the time) put u in a situational scenario?

i am eager to take and pass the exam its just i want a better understanding of the actual exam as i dont want to have to pull out £105 extra for a resit!

any feedback will be appreciated!
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It depends on how much experience you have had in the field. More experience will be A HUGE factor in how well you understand everything.

I had 5+ years experience and used the Meyers all in one book w/ practice tests and was no problem...

How much experience do you have in the field?
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have been working in IT for nearly four years and have been working in desktop support, sys admin tasks etc, hands on hardware replacement. The only problem is that i havent had the theory background to support that knowledge. it was simply gained via hands on experiance and not from a book.

so is the a + exams all scenaria situations or is it a mixture of small sentences and scenarios? its just because i have using the preplogic exam practise and it crams the scenario situations in 90% of the time! i have been scoring an av. of 75%ish but i feel i could do better if the wording was better presented.

how did you find the exam? also i have noticed some people have stated the exam was over 70 questions and not 70 like stated via compTIA? is this true?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nel-

My exam was 80 questions - all multiple choice- and you get some that have you pick more than one (It will state that).

Get this book!

https://www.megasecurestores.com/totalsem.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1381619&Category_Code=AC

Go over everything about the Hardware section and make sure that you know them all.

Also go over to COMPTIA website and go over ALL the objectives and make sure you know them.

After studying the book and going over the objectives - do pracice tests.

I used:

Preplogic (They are ok)
    Transcenders

Free online:Free-tests.com

And of course ALL the material and practice on this site.

Once you have that down- go take the test and you will do fine.