Taking 70-698 Tomorrow

sensitivestoicsensitivestoic Junior MemberIllinois, USAPosts: 47Member ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm taking the 70-698 tomorrow. Wish me luck! :smiley:  And, feel free to send any last minute study suggestions.
Certs Achieved: CompTIA A+ | Net+ | Sec+| MCP Win 10 (70-698)
Currently Studying:
MCP Win 10 (70-697)
Future Goals: 
CompTIA Project+ and Server+ | MCSA Server 2016 | PMP

Comments

• MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Senior Member Posts: 304Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Didn't see this until now for some reason. :/  but ...

Best of Luck!!!
  • eillinois31eillinois31 Junior Member IllinoisPosts: 30Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! This is from yesterday so you probably already passed! 
  • sensitivestoicsensitivestoic Junior Member Illinois, USAPosts: 47Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed! Officially a Microsoft Certified Professional now. I'll post a separate thread with study recommendations and what helped. Nice to have my first Microsoft cert under the belt. Was shaking so hard after the exam. It was much more intense than I expected, but somehow I passed with a 788. Thanks to all who gave support and study recommendations in these forums.
    Currently Studying:
    MCP Win 10 (70-697)
    Future Goals: 

• MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Junior Member Posts: 31Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm taking the 70-698 tomorrow. Wish me luck! :smiley:  And, feel free to send any last minute study suggestions.
    I am going to assume you are aware that the 70-698 expires in 2 months.

Great with the pass

I would post a link.. but I can't post links.......
  • sensitivestoicsensitivestoic Junior Member Illinois, USAPosts: 47Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am going to assume you are aware that the 70-698 expires in 2 months.

Great with the pass

I would post a link.. but I can't post links.......
    Yes, I was already aware of the March expiration for both 698 and 697. Thanks for checking in though. However, I've already spent a lot of time studying for the certs. So I'm pushing to achieve MCSA before the March 31st deadline. It will be some time before Microsoft finalizes the next Modern Desktop Management series and I'm not going to sit on my haunches while they do that. Expired certs still demonstrate a level of competence and achievement. Applying to a new job soon, so I'm burnishing my resume with any additional tantalizing bits I can.
    Currently Studying:
    MCP Win 10 (70-697)
    Future Goals: 

• shochanshochan Senior Member ARPosts: 786Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    kinda odd they would be retiring a Win10 cert already
    2019 goals -> CEH (Feb), RHCSA (Dec)

"It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good" ~ Danny Carey
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Senior Member Posts: 304Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! This is great news!
    edited January 7
    shochan said:
    kinda odd they would be retiring a Win10 cert already
    Yeah, I find it a bit frustrating and ridiculous. As far as I can tell they're replacing it with MD 100 and 101. If you've completed 70-698 then you just need to complete MD 101 to achieve the new title of "Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate." Which replaced the title of MCSA. Quite the mouthful if I do say so myself. Either way I doubt any employer is just going to outright invalidate the knowledge certified by achieving both the 70-698 and 70-697.

Looks like Microsoft updated the MCSE certification overview which is helpful.
    Currently Studying:
    MCP Win 10 (70-697)
    Future Goals: 

• chuck1000chuck1000 IllinoisPosts: 3Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed! Officially a Microsoft Certified Professional now. I'll post a separate thread with study recommendations and what helped. Nice to have my first Microsoft cert under the belt. Was shaking so hard after the exam. It was much more intense than I expected, but somehow I passed with a 788. Thanks to all who gave support and study recommendations in these forums.
    Congrats man! Please let me know what helped when you get a chance. I will be taking the exam soon. Also I see we have a similar certification background and I see you are from Illinois as well. I am currently job hunting...which is interesting so far.
  • eillinois31eillinois31 Junior Member IllinoisPosts: 30Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I've taken 4 microsoft exams in the last year(MCSA 70-740/741/742 and MCSE 744) and always feels awesome to see that PASS on the screen! 
  • forrest031forrest031 Posts: 1Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello, eillinois31! I am planning to take 70-740 and 70-741 this year. Any tips? Suggestions? Study materials? Thank you in advance!
  • aron90saron90s Posts: 4Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! How much time did you study for the certs?