Passed CCSP 1/4/19

jumblerrjumblerr MemberNew York, NYMember Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
Not too bad. Used CCSP CBK and Sybex test prep online. Studied about 2 weeks.


Comments

  • maxfredmaxfred Cloud MCSE, TOGAF, MCSE Data Analytics Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, how did you go on the Sybex practice tests comparatively?
     Did you find the content topics were accurate to the exam. I'm trying to gauge my readiness against those but understand the exam has a greater focus on application security so am trying to master that - and data center safety....
  • jumblerrjumblerr Member New York, NYMember Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
    maxfred said:
    Congratulations, how did you go on the Sybex practice tests comparatively?
     Did you find the content topics were accurate to the exam. I'm trying to gauge my readiness against those but understand the exam has a greater focus on application security so am trying to master that - and data center safety....
    Did OK on the Sybex tests, but the important thing is they only get you ready for the question FORMATTING. All the questions are going to be tricky. Its got the same feel as the CISSP, except its only 125 questions and the scope of the exam is not as broad. 
  • SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! 

    I assume Sybex practice tests are the same as "CCSP Official ISC2 Practice Tests. 

    The thing is that I am really annoyed by several non-logical questions and answers, just posted about this in my CCSP preparation thread, for example stating that "Resources Exhaustion" is a risk that affects cloud by not legacy networks. And several questions that have a right answer based on a scenario imagined by the writer, while with a similar scenario I can totally justify another answer. 
  • jumblerrjumblerr Member New York, NYMember Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SDee said:
    Congratulations! 

    I assume Sybex practice tests are the same as "CCSP Official ISC2 Practice Tests. 

    The thing is that I am really annoyed by several non-logical questions and answers, just posted about this in my CCSP preparation thread, for example stating that "Resources Exhaustion" is a risk that affects cloud by not legacy networks. And several questions that have a right answer based on a scenario imagined by the writer, while with a similar scenario I can totally justify another answer. 
    Thanks! I agree that some questions could have more than 1 right answer. Its why you have to really think out the scenario and narrow it down to the BEST answer. That's what's so tricky, this is an English language test more than a technical test.
  • Swift6Swift6 RHCE, RHCSA, LPIC-2, LPIC-1, SCA, Linux+, Network+, CWTS ScotlandMember Posts: 265 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing @jumblerr
  • DZA_DZA_ Untitled. Member Posts: 414 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited January 2019
    Congratulations Jumblerr! Two weeks is a very short time to study for, what is your work experience like? I had some frustrations when I wrote the CCSP last year and jaded whether I should be attempting it again but based on the recent CCSP threads, I feel like I should give it another go. 

    Cheers, 
    DZA_
  • jumblerrjumblerr Member New York, NYMember Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jumblerrjumblerr Member New York, NYMember Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DZA_ said:
    Congratulations Jumblerr! Two weeks is a very short time to study for, what is your work experience like? I had some frustrations when I wrote the CCSP last year and jaded whether I should be attempting it again but based on the recent CCSP threads, I feel like I should give it another go. 

    Cheers, 
    DZA_
    Thanks! I've been working in cloud for 7 years so I have quite a bit of experience. Otherwise, its a typical ISC2-style exam. Same question format. I would use the CCSP Practice Test Book from Sybex as the questions there resemble the format the best! Give it another shot!!
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Senior Member Member Posts: 396 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job @jumblerr

    After reading some CCSP and CCSK posts, I'm on the fence whether I should take this one or not. 
    Three year plan: (2018) CISSP [X] and eJPT [ ]; (2019) eCPPT [ ]; (2020) OSCP [ ]
  • jumblerrjumblerr Member New York, NYMember Posts: 101 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job @jumblerr

    After reading some CCSP and CCSK posts, I'm on the fence whether I should take this one or not. 
    Thanks! I'm on the board of the local CSA chapter so I thought it would be best to knock these out.

    Taking CSSLP next week!!
Sign In or Register to comment.