Options

Posting Pictures

MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello,

I am not the most active person on the website. But, I attempted to upload a picture today (again).

I get the error stating that I have to be around a little while longer.

With the old site, you could see how many years, since someone created an account. Now, you don't know if a person has been a member for 5 years or 5 days. 

Long story short, how long do I have to be around to post a picture?
Any chance of being able to see how long someone has been frequenting TechExams?

Side Note: I am trying to post a picture but I get the error stating I need to be around a little longer to post a link. I think it's a difference between a JPEG and a link. Just saying...

Comments

• Options
    FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good question. I'm getting the feeling it could be a matter of the amount of interaction you've shown. In my case, certain limitations were lifted after making 10 comments. 
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    edited January 2019
    If you click on your name under the avatar, then you will see "Joined September 2018" in the ABOUT section.
  • Options
    Addition:

You also can't see when someone is online, like the old site. 

For example:

If FluffyBunny and I were going back and forth with career advice, I could stay online to finish the conversation and wait for Fluffy to respond. If I see the green icon go away, I know Fluffy had logged out and I wouldn't be here waiting for the response.

I know what you are going to say: Yes, it's a who's online at the bottom right. Guess what? Half of the avatars are the same. So, if 50 people are online and it's 20 of the same icons I have to click each one to see if the person I am talking to is online to finish the conversation? I am not sure I like the default avatar. Although we have the option to change it. Gripe ended.

Here on this site, you don't know if someone logged out or they'll be around for your second series of question. I personally liked the let me see who is online option in the conversation instead of below. Ok. I am done. 

Have a good day. 
  • Options
    Good question. I'm getting the feeling it could be a matter of the amount of interaction you've shown. In my case, certain limitations were lifted after making 10 comments. 
    I have made 14 posts saith my profile.  ;)
  • Options
    MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    edited January 2019
    @MrsWilliams your ability to post images shouldn't be tied to your rep as a member (but it does affect your ability to post links -- you need 25 reputation points to unlock this). I'm going to file a ticket now to see what might be causing this behavior.

I also like the suggestion of adding an online indicator to the bio section. I will add that to my developer request list and see what they can do. :)

Thank you!
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • Options
    Meggo said:
    @MrsWilliams your ability to post images shouldn't be tied to your rep as a member (but it does affect your ability to post links -- you need 25 reputation points to unlock this). I'm going to file a ticket now to see what might be causing this behavior.

I also like the suggestion of adding an online indicator to the bio section. I will add that to my developer request list and see what they can do. :)

Thank you!
    @Meggo

Ma'am,

I still can not attach pictures. I went to the insert image dropdown and I also attempted to drag and drop a picture. No luck on either. I still get this error:

• You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.
  • Options
    MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    @MrsWilliams it is indeed a bug. I'm going to manually upgrade your rank to see if that resolves the issue as Vanilla works on a bug fix. I'll do that right now. 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do