Options

InfoSec Institute: Training quote requires personal information

FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hi guys,

I got curious about InfoSec Institute's offerings, so I poked around the Flex trainings pages. Still wanting to work towards CCENT, I thought I'd take a look over there. Personally it's left a bit of bad taste that I would have to enter personal information, just to get pricing information. It feels like a hurdle, when you're trying to consider giving them a sale. Why not just make the information freely available?

Simply because this one little thing, I'll try elsewhere. 

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I usually just enter fake info if I don't wish to be tracked or give out my real info. But now that you mention it, I've never been able to get a price online from Infosec Institute because I can't get pass the reCaptha because Google doesn't like the proxies that I use and Infosec Institute is still using the older reCaptha v2.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    This reminds me, who is it that requires a copy of a drivers license for the privilege of becoming their client? Is it Offensive Security?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    edited January 2019
    EC-Council wanted a photocopy of DL or passport. There is a photo of Edward Snowden's passport floating around the Internet thanks to a data breach at ECC.

• Options
    FluffyBunnyFluffyBunny Member Posts: 230 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This reminds me, who is it that requires a copy of a drivers license for the privilege of becoming their client? Is it Offensive Security?
    I never provided them with anything like that. But perhaps that's because I took their classroom course as opposed to just the online one. 
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Found the driver's license thread that I was referencing: https://community.infosecinstitute.com/discussion/130967

JD: EC-Council... don't get me started man
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I gave my personal info for a quote one time (not Infosec Institute). Once. Never again. I'm sure some others have done the same with this company and are still getting calls and emails almost a decade later. 
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Absolutely hate this shady practice and refuse to do business with vendors that do this where possible.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response