Options

Anyone else seeing the tech exams site being blocked by OpenDNS?

ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
www.infosecinstitute.com works, but community doesn’t.  

Comments

• Options
    MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    I'm filing a ticket now. They did some maintenance on the forum today (related to DNS/SSL) so it's probably a result of that. More on that to come. 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thank you for getting in touch with us at Cisco Umbrella support.

A CNAME of this domain -  <a rel="nofollow" href="https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/HNFXC9rL02cAv2YKU3_ufZ?domain=site-6030959.onvanilla.net">site-6030959.onvanilla.net</a> - is currently categorized as a Newly Seen Domain, which is resulting in this domain - community.infosecinstitute.com - being blocked. You can read more about this category, and why we block new domains here:

This is a time based category, and assuming there is no other malicious activity seen, the domain will be unblocked automatically in approximately 48-72 hours. Your policy's security settings has caused the Newly Seen Domains category to be blocked. If you would like to access this domain, you can always add this domain to your allow list for the applicable policy. Alternatively, you can disable the Newly Seen Domains security setting. Please note that these actions may open up your network to malicious activity.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Cheers,

2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    Thanks, @iBrokeIT!
    Who we are | What we do 
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    A domain that is 71 days old is "newly seen?" It must not have been in much use before now.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick response guys!
  • Options
    Still broken for me today.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Can you temporarily switch your DNS settings to CloudFlare (1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1) or Quad9 (9.9.9.9, 149.112.112.112)? TE works fine using these DNS services.
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JDMurray said:
    Can you temporarily switch your DNS settings to CloudFlare (1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1) or Quad9 (9.9.9.9, 149.112.112.112)? TE works fine using these DNS services.
    Nope, here the corporate standard is to Umbrella and all the other the dns services are blocked.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    iBrokeIT said:
    JDMurray said:
    Nope, here the corporate standard is to Umbrella and all the other the dns services are blocked.
    Same
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well.. at least I don't feel so lonely as the only one having DNS problems with TE.

@Ertaz - can you whitelist the domain?

• Options
    I'm really sorry this is still happening. I will update the thread here when I know more. 
    Who we are | What we do 
  • Options
    Meggo said:
    I'm really sorry this is still happening. I will update the thread here when I know more. 
    All fixed up boss lady.  Muchas gracias!