CompTIA Pentest+ Training through ITU Online for $39

tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
Anybody seen this: https://ituonline.com/catalog/courses/comptia/comptia-pentest-pt0-001/

At that price, it's hard to resist. Even if it's not the greatest training, you're bound to get more than $39 out of it.

Anybody taken this training?

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I purchased it a few minutes ago, after seeing this post.  It is good for one year of access, 21 modules total.  They provide a downloadable lab setup guide with download links.  I will put some time and effort into it later this week and report back what I find.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for checking it out. Looking forward to your review. Even if I bought it now, I wouldn't be able to take it until I finish some other courses/certifications already in the works. Still, at that price, even if it has to wait for a year, it's probably worth buying now.
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took Jason Dion's class on Udemy and it was good. I'm looking forward to your report on this course.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

I emailed their customer service and found out that this deal is good through Friday at midnight. You have one year to complete the course.

They also have a deal for lifetime access to everything they offer for $299. https://ituonline.com/catalog/courses/loyalty-offer/
  • KenobyteKenobyte Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on that lifetime access...The course description looks good I just wonder about the quality of the material.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As part of the course you do get a lab setup guide.  It is thorough and well written with pretty detailed instructions.  Aside from that, it is mainly videos.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    I'm going to go ahead and pick up the $39 course. It sounds like it covers a lot, and since it comes with labs, how can you go wrong? $39 for a year of labs is nothing. I'm going to hold off on the $299 deal, though. I've already spent a lot on training and don't have nearly enough time to take it all.
    I paid for the training and created my account including my credentials. First thing they did was email me my credentials in the same email in cleartext. I changed the password that I had just set and emailed them and complained that a security training company shouldn't be emailing credentials, especially not if the user just created them. It's one thing to send someone a temporary password. However, how many people change a temporary password the second they get it? Probably only security savvy people do, but your average user doesn't. I told them to knock it off and change their processes.

The lab guide looks really comprehensive. However, I don't like how they keep telling you to disable your firewall and antivirus on your host computer. I realize that some tools require that for installation, but I guess I'll be skipping those parts. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I checked this site out yesterday but didn't have time to comment.

It "looked" interesting ... but then I saw the course on Mixology :D , Cooking, and etc. so wasn't really sure I could take them seriously.

I had a quick chat with a customer service agent and to sum it up she said those were provided by "sister companies".

The agent (nothing personal) exhibited behavior that wasn't consistant with a more established/reputable company.

Site just seems like an overpriced Udemy to me.

Just my 2 cents for anyone interested.

The $39 deal was supposed to have ended at midnight on Friday 2/8, but it appears to be valid still.
    Hey, looks like you can still get it for $39. Watching the first few modules now. Most of it is review so far. Of course, they have to assume a common level of experience. Instructor is good. She talks like she's talking directly to you and not lecturing you.
  • jak096jak096 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm only on the 1st module but I like the instructor too. She has a pleasant voice and well educated. Thanks for sharing the link.