HELP!!

pkallberg21pkallberg21 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I downloaded the Novell Netware 6.5 evalution files, and when i try to install the server CD on my "server" computer, it asks its usual questions like manual or auto installation and so on.

When i press auto install, it starts loading. When it has started loading, suddenly it stops loading at "Initialize debug", and then the whole loading process starts over again....what is the problem?
There is no problem with the CD, i have tested it on another computer, and the installation proccess worked fine. Please help me solve this:D

Comments

• jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I downloaded that also and started to install it on my server at home, but after a short while, mine was looking for some hardware configurations that I didn't know about or don't have...

I did not encounter the error you did. Are you sure you have a proper configuration (memory and such?)

That's all I can think of, other than a bad download...

Sorry I couldn't help much, but you're not alone!!!
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • pkallberg21pkallberg21 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How releiving that i am not alone, i thought i was the only one with this problem! How do you mean hardware configuration problem? Like memory placement on the mother board or what?
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    I think mine was asking about a network board (as it was called in the setup.) I have no idea what that refers to...the machine meets all the specs, I have 900+ MB of RAM in it, it's actually running 2 processors, both meet the minimum speed requirements. I don't know what it wants and I gave up trying on it for now...I'm really trying to find an older version, like 5.1, but they don't have anything on Novell's site for that one...

Sorry I couldn't help much... icon_cry.gif

Good Luck with it!
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • pkallberg21pkallberg21 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah man;)
    Good luck to you too!
    And if you find anything that could help holler at me.
    Peace.