Options

Passed Sec+.. Whats next ?

LovespooLovespoo Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, 

Passed my Sec+ last week.

Surprisingly wasn't as difficult as I thought it'd be (Network+ was harder IMO). Maybe because I'm in the security field (7mo).

Performance based qns were quite straight forward. Studied for about 2 months.

Got my Fundamentals+ and Network+ in Dec 2018 studied for those in a month, from a fresh grad starting my career with little IT background in mid 2018.

Ask some of the professionals at work on which certificate to get next and most of them suggest the CISSP (Associate). What are your thoughts ? is that too big of a jump for a newbie?

Comments

• Options
    D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

I'm currently studying for my Sec+ and VMware.
    I'm hoping to take Sec+ in June or July though.
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • Options
    LovespooLovespoo Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    D20 said:
    Congrats!!!

I'm currently studying for my Sec+ and VMware.
    I'm hoping to take Sec+ in June or July though.
    All the best ! My study materials was ITprotv, Sari Green vids on oreilly and just reading up on any topics i don't understand. 
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job on the pass! Security+ and CISSP do have a lot of overlap so I don't think you'll have as much difficulty preparing for it.

If you can have your employer foot the bill (exam fee and AMF), then by all means, go ahead. However, if you are paying for it personally, you may want to think this through. I don't mean to discourage you from taking the exam as CISSP is, as they say, a great resume booster (I have yet to experience it myself though), but taking it this early will not allow you to have the formal certification even after passing the exam and only end up paying the AMFs earlier than you should.

Just my 0.02.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]