Another Passed CISM Thread

cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
Not much to report other that I followed the advice given here of doing the QAE database and not overthink it. The "ISACA way" is something similar to ISC2. Think risk, who does what, who owns what (business line, security manager, board, steering committee, safety first, etc. 

Timeline
(will update as I move through it)
- 2/15: passed exam
- 2/26: received official email confirmation

I also have to give a shout out to McGraw-Hill. I have been chatting with them to write something and when I mentioned I was working on CISM they graciously sent me a free copy of the CISM AIO. Peter Gregory did a very good job covering the CBK topics without being overly verbose. I didn't read the whole thing but the topics I focused on had a good flow and didn't feel excessively dry.

What's next? There's a big push at $dayjob to move workloads to the cloud so I think my next stop is AWS. 

Comments

• MickyDeeMickyDee Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm taking mine on the 8th of March and am hitting the QAE pretty hard based on the feedback from these forums.  Mind if I ask what you plan on writing about?
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations man!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Thanks a lot. The writing topic is still TBD. This is a 2020 project for me but I wanted to get the conversation going. I have some NDAs in place and need to wait for those to expire. 
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • sumeetgandhisumeetgandhi Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    When you say you are writing something for McGraw, is that a book, if I can ask?
    ---
    With Regards
    Sumeet Gandhi
    CISA, CISM, PMP, PMI-ACP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Office 365, SharePoint Online, SharePoint (2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007), MCTS, CSM, ITIL, PRINCE2
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Correct, a book.