WGU MS Cybersecurity and Information Assurance

mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi Everyone
I've been playing with the idea of going back to school for the WGU: MS CISA course.  I'm a previous graduate of the university in their MBA:ITM and liked the learning model.  I wanted to know if anyone has taken the course and know if there are any certifications that I can have that will waive courses in the curriculum.

Thanks
Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)

Comments

• MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited March 2019
    mzx380 said:
    Hi Everyone
    I've been playing with the idea of going back to school for the WGU: MS CISA course.  I'm a previous graduate of the university in their MBA:ITM and liked the learning model.  I wanted to know if anyone has taken the course and know if there are any certifications that I can have that will waive courses in the curriculum.

Thanks
    I can tell that you've done some research. It's obvious that you went to the WGU website to find out. It's even more obvious that you searched some of the more recent WGU posts on this particular site. It's obvious you went on Reddit and found the answers. It's obvious you found your answer through a google search. 

April Fools.

If you aren't willing to do research, you might not be 100% ready for that particular program my friend. 
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • mzx380mzx380 Member Posts: 453 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Blucodex said:
    Thanks Bluecode

I notice that you have a CISSP.  Did you have one before you enrolled in the program? Did they allow you to waive any courses due to having it?

Certifications: ITIL, ACA, CCNA, Linux+, VCP-DCV, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
    Currently Working On: Microsoft 70-761 (SQL Server)
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had my CISSP prior to the program and it did not waive any courses for me.  It's been discussed before and it's not worth the time and money to test out of the CEH or CHFI either.