Options

WGU MSCSIA Starting April 1st

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited July 2019
    I think the posts on Reddit about Secure Network Design would be very useful than what you would find on any other site.  All do respect. I found a lot of useful information and tips. Reddit has 10000x more activity about WGU and the classes. I am just trying to give honest helpful advice. I have spent hours reading through WGU material on reddit.  I suggest you do a search for Secure Network Design. @mizterkewl
  • Options
    l0nn3lll0nn3ll Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    @mizterkewl - I am currently working on C727 and having some difficulties understanding the rubrics. I would like to join the group you connected with if its ok. 
  • Options
    mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited September 2019
    For whatever reason I can not pass C700. I've invested majority of this 5 months working on that class. As of right now I'm putting the degree on pause. Currently certifications are going to get me farther in my career so I'm going to work on those.
  • Options
    jb111jb111 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mizterkewl, is it the oa?  How did you do on the pa?  I am literally starting that class today and have concerns on the study materials provided 
  • Options
    ConflagrateCarlConflagrateCarl Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very interested to know this as well. I start this program Oct 1st (after waiting what seems like forever for GI Bill stuff to get approved) and am reading up on everything from TE to reddit and other sites. Lots of info but now I'm just waiting and hoping for the best. :) 
    M.S.(Cyber/IA), CISSP, GCIA, CEH, CASP+, Sec+, Net+, A+, Project+, Linux+
  • Options
    For whatever reason I can not pass C700. I've invested majority of this 5 months working on that class. As of right now I'm putting the degree on pause. Currently certifications are going to get me farther in my career so I'm going to work on those.

I wouldn't give up though. I have failed classes in school just like I've failed certifications. We can't let a failure or two set us back. What if you fail a certification exam? Are you going to say, I failed now I am going to try for another certification exam until I pass. That I failed and moving on isn't what I personally suggest. I suggest the, I failed and I am going to pass if it's the last thing I do. Try to let a setback become a step up. C700 is one of the lower level courses. I am sure you can knock it out. I promise all of the material for the exam is in the material.  I guarantee that!

Either way, I am sorry to hear. Do what you feel is best for you!
  • Options

I wouldn't give up though. I have failed classes in school just like I've failed certifications. We can't let a failure or two set us back. What if you fail a certification exam? Are you going to say, I failed now I am going to try for another certification exam until I pass. That I failed and moving on isn't what I personally suggest. I suggest the, I failed and I am going to pass if it's the last thing I do. Try to let a setback become a step up. C700 is one of the lower level courses. I am sure you can knock it out. I promise all of the material for the exam is in the material.  I guarantee that!

Either way, I am sorry to hear. Do what you feel is best for you!
    I'm not giving up on achieving my Masters, I just thought I was going to be AT LEAST at a different point in the program. I am on a time limit for work. I have failed a cert before, but I also have gone back reviewed weak areas and passed the second time. I don't disagree that the material is there, they cover a lot of information. I'm just missing something and I don't know what it is.
  • Options
    jb111 said:
    Mizterkewl, is it the oa?  How did you do on the pa?  I am literally starting that class today and have concerns on the study materials provided 
    Yes it's the OA. My paper was approved in about a week.
  • Options
    l0nn3ll said:
    @mizterkewl - I am currently working on C727 and having some difficulties understanding the rubrics. I would like to join the group you connected with if its ok. 
    I'm not the creator of the group and they said that they aren't adding any new people. I think they want to keep the group small. With Facebook, Techexam, Reddit and Slack I am sure you can get a few people to create a group.
  • Options
    Very interested to know this as well. I start this program Oct 1st (after waiting what seems like forever for GI Bill stuff to get approved) and am reading up on everything from TE to reddit and other sites. Lots of info but now I'm just waiting and hoping for the best. :) 
    Don't worry, go in with your best foot forward. I have no clue why i'm struggling with this OA. Just know you are allowed to take classes in any order you like, so if you take the Pre-Assessment and don't feel 100% comfortable in studying and attempting the OA, you can move on to another class instead feeling like you HAVE to work on that class.
  • Options
    I was able to talk to my mentor and we've created a game plan, I'll continue on in October. He said that there are a lot of students struggling with the class and agrees that there seems to be a disconnect with the material and the objective assessment. 
  • Options
    devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For whatever reason I can not pass C700.
    Which class is this?
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    For whatever reason I can not pass C700.
    Which class is this?
    https://lmgtfy.com/?q=WGU+C700&iie=1
  • Options
    jb111jb111 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed the OA Sunday.  It was tricky.  Questions worded/framed very differently than course.  The only thing that saved me was 15 years experience.