Is cissp Difficult?

nealeneale Posts: 16Member ■■■□□□□□□□
Some of my friends doing CISSP certification they told me its has a good scope in future but they told that its not easy as you think. 
Tagged:

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Certification Invigilator Surf City, USAPosts: 11,226Admin Admin
    I would be highly suspect of anyone who thinks the CISSP exam is easy. They are either very naive or some sort of salesman.
  • wiwatprwiwatpr Posts: 5Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    difficult... so much.., I spend 2 month full time, more than 12 hour/day, I not sure I can pass exam..  
  • PC509PC509 Passion For IT Oregon, USPosts: 745Member ■■■■■□□□□□
    Are you prepared? Then it's not extremely difficult. It's not easy, though. If you're not prepared, it's difficult.

It takes a lot of preparation and effort to get.  
  • fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 72Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes.

More than being a hard exam, it's the quantity of material you're expected to know. If you're in IT but not in IT security, I assure you you're going to learn something you didn't know when you start studying. For me it was harder than the CEH.
  • nealeneale Posts: 16Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is these kind of sites are good for CISSP Preparation?
    https://www.certsengine.com/
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Senior Member Posts: 6,705Mod Mod
    edited March 20
    To JD's point, I recall one particular post here a few years ago where someone argued that CISSP was a super easy exam regardless of experience or study plan and anyone could pass it. Yeah right! That didn't go well for him. 

OP, Are you new to certs? I will give you the benefit of the doubt. The best advice I can give you is to forget about anything that has the word "d u m p" in it. Your best choice is to look here for the "Passed CISSP" threads so you can see what others did to pass.

• ArchonArchon Posts: 180Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Its not easy but the duration of the exam plays a massive part.
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Posts: 1,173Member ■■■■■■■■□□
     The best advice I can give you is to forget about anything that has the word "****" in it. 

What a guy, doesn't even tell you the word so that you can forget it!  :D
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Senior Member Posts: 6,705Mod Mod
    edited March 20
    Oops, fixed.
  • beadsbeads Posts: 1,437Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Like someone said above, the more experience you have with the material the easier/harder the exam is going to be. No magic formula, no exam cram, either you understand how to apply the material to the answer or you don't.

Suspect the exam may be a bit more difficult on the screen than it was back on paper but that's a discussion that has been hashed for years now and the ISC(2) doesn't allow us to retake the exam for recertification any longer. We had a couple of CISSP study book authors who would take the exam over and over to refine their study materials.

Learning how to take exams also helps so if your comfortable with the certification exam process, that also helps quite a bit.

YMMV

- b/eads