Book for 294

eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
What book would you who've passed the exam recommend? I would normally choose Syngress as I find them the most detailed, but I see that MS has just come out with a second edition of their book.

Has the exam been updated to the extent that it requires a new (book) edition, or will the older books suffice?
witty comment

Comments

• SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    I sit this exam on Mon 19. I am using experience and Ucertify questions and notes. This has been sufficient for all my MS exams so far. When are you planning to take this exam?
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Around the beginning of August. But first I need to study for it. :P
    witty comment
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Hi Omni

I used the 2nd Edition book for 293 and compared to series 1 there wasn't a great amount of difference ( my colleague at work has the whole first MCSE series for Server 2003.. ). Other than Security Configuration Wizard, and an updated Eval of 2k3 Standard R2 edition I didn't see a great amount of difference between the two.

I'm using MSPress Series 1 + CBT Nuggets for this exam and am hoping to take it before the 2nd shot offer ends but the weather is sooo nice at the moment I'm having trouble getting stuck in to it icon_confused.gif Fingers crossed icon_exclaim.gif

Good luck!
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Ok, thanks for the info. Good luck on your exam. icon_thumright.gif

BTW this weather sucks, way too hot (London, where I see you are too) icon_sad.gif
    witty comment
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    BTW this weather sucks, way too hot (London, where I see you are too)

I know icon_exclaim.gif Way too hot and now it's chucking it down with rain icon_exclaim.gif

Good luck to and congratz on getting 284!
    Up Next : Not sure :o