Options

Hot pull/plug ok?

the_return_of_the_Ringthe_return_of_the_Ring Member Posts: 119
Stack up all routers and switch. During the initial setup for each device, is it ok to use one "hyper terminal" profile for all devices? i mean, open the hyper terminal and just swap among the console ports?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yep.... just watch the wear and tear on the cable connector.

Then once you have them configured, you can telnet to them individually.

If you're debugging in the telnet session you can enable debug output with the terminal monitor command (and disable with the terminal no monitor command).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes its ok to swap between devices, do as you prefer but maybe its better to ask this type of question in the ccna forum.I just find searching in the ccnp forum so much easier than the ccna and if you ask ccna type questions here it will turn into another ccna forum.Anyway just a suggestion, post whatever wherever you like icon_smile.gif
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    the_return_of_the_Ringthe_return_of_the_Ring Member Posts: 119
    ed_the_lad wrote:
    Yes its ok to swap between devices, do as you prefer but maybe its better to ask this type of question in the ccna forum.I just find searching in the ccnp forum so much easier than the ccna and if you ask ccna type questions here it will turn into another ccna forum.Anyway just a suggestion, post whatever wherever you like icon_smile.gif
    right. :) But i'm afriad most people don't get serious until ccnp( i used netsim to go through ccna). so, i guess serious people are here. :D