Passed ICND2!

juicyjay36juicyjay36 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed ICND2 with a 878! Yeahhh! Time to take a break for a couple weeks then get back to it.

OCG ICND2
Chris Bryant - CCNA 2018 200-125 Video Boot Camp
David Bombal - Cisco CCNA Packet Tracer Ultimate Labs

Comments

• Muhammed HMuhammed H Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. By the way, which book did you follow?
  • juicyjay36juicyjay36 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Office Cert Guide ICND2 200-105 by Wendel Odom. It laid out most of the ground work for me. I would recommend this.
  • MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!

What's next?

It's in his post :D

Read carefully.
  • JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats juicyjay! 
  • Muhammed HMuhammed H Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□

It's in his post :D

Read carefully.
    Oh my bad! Thanks.
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    Congrats! I'm studying for the ICND2 exam using Odom's book right now - I'm glad to hear the endorsements!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • juicyjay36juicyjay36 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys.

MontagueVandervort - CCNP SWITCH :) My OCG book came in already. I am excited and nervous.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job! Enjoy a short break you earned it.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    MontagueVandervort - CCNP SWITCH :) My OCG book came in already. I am excited and nervous.

Good for you! Best of luck man!
  • zepol87zepol87 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome I am starting my studies today. I have Lammle book, Bryant course on Udemy, Bombal labs on udemy. Hopefully it works out, I am looking to take it before the end of July
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!

What was the most challenging part of the ICND2? Will be taking this in the next few months.

Also, I see you're pursing CCNP Switch very quickly. Do you think it's better to jump right into CCNP content so soon after taking your CCNA or would you advise to wait a bit and get some professional networking experience under the belt? I have some basic networking experience, coupled with my recent CCENT knowledge. 
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Spiegel said:
    I see you're pursing CCNP Switch very quickly. Do you think it's better to jump right into CCNP content so soon after taking your CCNA?
    I passed CCENT (ICND1) almost 3 years ago, but a new job kept me too busy to complete my CCNA (ICND2), and since then I've just dabbled doing fairly basic switch setup and administration, VLANs etc. With the deadline approaching to pass the second exam or have to start again from scratch I've realised just how much I've forgotten, to the point that I'm pretty sure I couldn't even pass CCENT again if I went and sat it without studying.

What I'm trying to say is from my experience, jumping into CCNP while the CCNA knowledge is still fresh seems a sensible move, otherwise you risk having to spend months refreshing beforehand.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.